Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum

Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum (
-   Maxum Owners General Discussions (
-   -   where is the ball valve that controls water to the head (

jtsevier 09-24-2017 01:40 AM

where is the ball valve that controls water to the head
I have an 01 SCR 2900 I just purchased. The head will not drain and I cant get any water into it. The manual says there is a ball cock in the area of the grey water sump pump. It is not there. Does anyone know where I can find the inlet valve for the head on this boat

mmwjr 09-24-2017 12:33 PM

Welcome aboard

Typically the seacock for the head is in the engine compartment.

Phillbo 09-24-2017 03:49 PM

The seacock is for using the macerator. It sounds like he is having issues flushing the head if I'm reading it correct.

I guess the first question so we can stop assuming is to ask, what type of head do you have? There are different versions. How does your head operate? Hand pump or vacuflush?

jtsevier 09-24-2017 04:36 PM

hey thanks for trying to help. I have never had a boat with a head before and there is no manual except what i found on line. you flush it by a foot pump as near as i can tell.

biggerseagar 09-24-2017 07:36 PM

What is the brand of the toliet? Then Google this for your operation infor.


mmwjr 09-24-2017 10:48 PM

If vacuflush it uses freshwater, it the tank full?

jtsevier 09-25-2017 04:58 AM

Thanks to all for helping. As I said i never had a head before and had no idea what i had. The manual i have is obviously not for my boat. You all made me realize I had a vacuflush and once i followed the wires and turned it on and turned on the fresh water pump, it works just fine. Thanks again.

Phillbo 09-25-2017 04:12 PM

Glad we could help.

All times are GMT. The time now is 02:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.