Old 01-13-2010, 03:39 PM   #1

Default Usability (Not a Bug)

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I thought I'd start here. Please feel free to relocate to a more appropriate location, or disregard if you'd prefer.

I see we have a new "Albums" section for photo's. Admittedly this has to be the bain of a Website Admins. existance. Albums take up a huge amount of storage resources and can be costly to maintain and manage.

The only link appears to be in COMMUNITY -> MY ALBUMS, where I can then see "Recently Updated Albums".

1) IS 'Recently Updated Albums" the same as "Albums"? Frequently a link to 'Recent <anything>' can typically refer to a cache of only the most recent updates based on an expiration period. This may be a verbiage thing.

2) Is going into COMMUNITY -> MY ALBUMS-> RECENT UPDATED ALBUMS the only way to access the Albums feature? Am I just stupidly overlooking something obvious?

Here is the kicker: If this is the case...... Do you feel this is intuitive?

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:53 PM   #2
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

My observations were the same Shrew, as it took me some time to find the photos/albums section. However, I'm pretty certain part of my issue is that I'm still on IE6 and I think this BB doesn't work well with IE6.

Dan

ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
Admiral

Guys....there are some things we're trying to work out on the gallery sections....I brought this up to Jonathan a bit ago and he's trying to work on some software changes to make the gallery a separate button....bare with us ...Jonathan is working the issues as fast as he can...I talked with him and there are still some teething problems....
and yes..I agree that it's not that intuitive or easy to find the albums......

Dan..is there a way for you to upgrade to the latest ie??..I thought it was a free upgrade....

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:59 PM   #4
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapuppy View Post
Dan..is there a way for you to upgrade to the latest ie??..I thought it was a free upgrade....
I did upgrade my home PC. but the PC I use the most is my office laptop and I don't get to change anything on it.

Don't take the album comments as us bitching about it. I'm sure I speak for all by saying we really appreciate everything you and J do to keep this thing running!

Dan
Old 01-13-2010, 09:51 PM   #5
Admiral

"Don't take the album comments as us bitching about it. I'm sure I speak for all by saying we really appreciate everything you and J do to keep this thing running!"

I'm not....we are aware of some difficulties and working them....we do appreciate the comments and I was just commenting to both in one swell foop...

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:45 PM   #6

Internet Explorer (IE) is free from Microsoft. The easiest way to download it is to goto START -> WINDOWS UPDATE. The most recent version should be IE 8.0. You can download a redistributable version which can be manually installed if you don't want to use Windows Update, or if you are prevented from doing so. Here is the link:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/int...ide-sites.aspx

NOTE: You will need to specify the correct version of your Operating System as IE is OS version specific. To confirm the version of your OS, 'right-click' MY COMPUTER (MY COMPUTER can either be found on the desktop or by going to START) and select PROPERTIES. On the GENERAL tab you should see teh 'System' properties includig the Operating System Version.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 03:20 PM   #7
Admiral

I wish it were that easy Shrew but my company issued laptop has specific controls installed to prevent users from D/L'g any S/W. Can't circumvent it - I've tried.

I could probably open a ticket with our IT group to see if they will upgrade IE, think I'll give that a try.

Dan