Old 05-04-2008, 03:12 AM   #21
Ensign

Hi Team,

I am new to the forum, so the timing of this thread is great! Fantastic to see so many backgrounds and countries all with a common theme around boats! For me, I am waiting on my 2008 model 2900 SE to be built and shipped down to Australia - hopefully only another 4 or 5 weeks before I can get her on the water down here. I run one of the Divisions for Hewlett Packard in Australia and New Zealand - keeps me off the streets and give me a few spare pennies to play with big(ish) boats!

Keep up the great work, crew!

Sydney Seafarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #22
Lt. JG

Hi All,
Mine name is Scott and my wife and I recently purchased a 1992 Maxum 2300 SCR. It needs some TLC but the price was right and we figured we could do most of the work that needs to be completed. Motor runs great and the outboard was recently serviced just before we bought it. We have already spent most of last summer on it and doing repairs this spring so we can enjoy this summer sleeping on it over the weekends.

I work for and private company that manages arenas, coliseums, convention centers, stadium, and theaters. We also do several specialty events such as PGA, IRL races, Baha races, large superbowl and Rose bowl parties etc... I am a regional chef which takes me from the rockies (west) to everything east including Canada and Puerto Rico.

This forum has been a great help in our restoration process - thanks to everyone-
Scott

Old 05-22-2008, 03:04 AM   #23
Lt. JG

Hi Folks,

I work as a systems engineer for Cisco (not the food company :-).
Late last summer my wife and I bought a 2006 Maxum 2400 SE with the 5.0-MPI and Bravo-III.

This is a great board and community. I've learned quite a bit already reading the old posts.

Cheers,
-Greg
Old 05-22-2008, 04:01 AM   #24
Ensign

Send a message via AIM to mars094

Greetings,

This is officially my second post. Didn't read this thread till now.

I am a Technology Integration Engineer for Mid-Atlantic Controls Corp. Loved my career for Ten years, and now I have a new obsession...My Maxum! 1993 2200SC. Have just begun repairing and learning all that I can from you folks.

Thanks for a great recourse and community!!!
mars094 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:19 AM   #25
Admiral

guys...welcome to the zoo...nice to see new faces here and different boats......

as stated ...we like to keep a civil place here where people are free to talk about boats...dream of boats....talk about boats....common theme here of boats....

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 09:29 PM   #26
Ensign

Default New to Maxum and the club

Hi All,
Glad to see this site going. Used to own a Chaparral and enjoyed exchanging posts with other owners. Just purchased a 2008 1800SR3 and so far I love it, but haven't had much time on it yet. Looking to get out tonight for an hour with my son.
I'm a Computer Systems project Mgr...fortunate enough (or blessed) to be able to do most of my work from home office. Only it makes it tough being close to water and working instead of enjoying the Maxum.
Looking forward to the forum.
For those in US and UK, enjoy your Holiday.

Tom
NC1800SR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #27
Ensign

i also am new to the forum. i recently look delivery on a 2001 maxum 2300sc premier. i have to say the bow and stern thrusters are a blast to play with. boat is in the water just waiting for this ohio weather to quit acting up and warm up. i've had it out a couple days and love it! i work as an air traffic controller in the en-route environment for the past 3 years. glad to be here on this site.

brian
barkb49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #28
Admiral

Boy little bit of a gap here.....thanks for starting it back. Brian. Welcome too!

I am newly retired....spent 30+ years as a conductor/switchmen for Chicago Northwestern Railroad and The Toledo Peoria and Western Railways.

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #29
Lieutenant

My name is Derek, I live in Toronto, Ontario Canada and our 1998 4600 SCB is in Georgian Bay (Lake Huron). I have been in the water treatment industry for 20 years and am currently a Product Manager for water filter company out of Ohio.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #30

Wow, a 5 yr. old zombie thread resurrection!!!
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:18 PM   #31
Lt. JG

I'm Scott and own a '95 1800 SR. I've been on the forum for 2 years now and have learned a bunch from it. I live in Louisville, KY and work as an engineer in flight simulation at UPS since 2000. I was trained as a sim tech in the USAF (Hill AFB, Suwon AB, Castle AFB) and then bounced around the commercial industry as a technician and engineer. I also spent 2 years working on a control room simulator at a nuclear power plant in New Hampshire. I was up in Renton, WA at the Boeing Trainnig Center last week. Sad to hear they are shutting it down. Nicest training facility I've ever been in. And I love Seattle.

@Seapuppy - We have both Boeing and Airbus in our fleet. Nobody likes working with the French.

rscotta is offline   Reply With Quote