Old 09-03-2011, 12:38 AM   #1
Admiral

Thumbs up We're back.....!!..Wild Whim is now in her berth safe and sound from rocks...

boy Howdy.....what a day...we got up at 5am and grabbed gear, a cooler for some snacks and tossed some sodas into the cooler..a buddy of mine agreed to help with lines and stuff ..so he showed up at 5:30am...we got underway from the house and stopped at a fast food for some breakfast..then hit the freeway all the way up to anacortes wa...that's where the ferry is to go into the san juan islands ..the ferry left at 0735 and it was on time for once...the water to the islands was nice and flat..no fog......we went up and got some drinks in the ferry cafeteria....then sat and watched the sites go by...an hour or so later we arrived...drove over to the repair marina and there was the boat in the water....of course after being torn apart and worked on..then put back together she was in need of some cleaning..but the main thing was to get out and test the boat...I had to put stuff away..as you can imagine the shop just doesn't know where to put things ...so..took me about 20 min. to get things secured to get underway...had to put the fwd mid bilge tools and stuff away...then get the engine bay squared away...
started the engines and let them run up to temp...we got underway to do a test run...we went out into the bay just outside of west sound and did some figure eights....reversed gear...then jumped on plane and tested the genny....everything worked as planned...
we went back to the marina so we could authorize the payment to the bank...once that was done...we headed to the boat..said goodbye to my wife who was taking the truck back by ferry...
we got underway with the boat....jeff and I headed to lopez pass and headed across to deception pass..the water was a little snotty in a few spots but overall the water was pretty calm...we were expecting to slog our way all the way home but was surprised to see even the Straights of Rosario flat and calm...of course deception pass was snotty and full of idiots fishing all ever it..

once thru deception pass...the water was flat calm...we were cruising across rosario at 32mph.....once we got thru deception the water must have changed direction or stopped flowing cuz we were cruising right along at 35mph...it took us 2.5hrs to get home....

we stopped off at everett marina at the 12th st basin to pump out 2 mos worth of san tank ....then we walked up to skuttlebutt's for lunch and to wait for marsha to finally drive down from anacortes ferry landing......

once we finished lunch, we got back underway to head to my marina to put the boat away...it was 2 mos to the day that the accident happend and we were able to get back on the boat and bring it home...

final total turned out to be 44,386.77 in repairs...plus 186.00 for another bilge pump installed in the fwd end of the engine bay....so..IF or when something else happens..these 2 pumps should be able to keep us afloat...

with that said...this puts to an end of a horrible adventure I wouldn't wish on anyone but my ex-wife....

now before anyone asks...does this mean we're gonna keep the boat...I have no idea at this point in time what we're gonna do..right now we'll concentrate on cleaning up the mess and washing all the linen and vacuum the inside....get more stuff squared away and put in thier right place...

thanks to all for all the support during this mess....it is greatly appreciated.....

and a huge thank you to jeff for coming along and keeping me grounded while we brought the boat back home...

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 12:44 AM   #2
Admiral

great news .......happy cleaning........

biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 10:59 AM   #3
Captain

how much did the insurance company pick up?

The NADA price is: TOTAL PRICE $147,108 -high $87,150 -low $98,750 -avg

just wondering if you can carfax a boat, so the next owner could see the repair.

looking at your pictures, the hull looks more like finish issues, which fiberglass is easy to look like new.

Did they think there is any racking or long term viberation, or solf spots?

funny thing is you guys boating in the woods.... will all the canvas up....
pascavone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #4
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by pascavone View Post
how much did the insurance company pick up?......all but 500 bucks which is my deductable....

The NADA price is: TOTAL PRICE $147,108 -high $87,150 -low $98,750 -avg

just wondering if you can carfax a boat, so the next owner could see the repair.....I was wondering bout that myself..from what I hear there is boatfax..

looking at your pictures, the hull looks more like finish issues, which fiberglass is easy to look like new.

Did they think there is any racking or long term viberation, or solf spots?....nope..don't think there are any soft spots..it's probably stronger than before...

funny thing is you guys boating in the woods.... will all the canvas up....not sure what you mean by this one...but the all the canvas was replaced back up...
she looks just like she did before I wrecked her.....
SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 09-03-2011, 02:54 PM   #5
Lt. Commander

Great news SP! Have fun giving her the attention you haven't been able to for the last two months.

Terry
tjwieseler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #6
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Congratulations on bringing her back safe and sound Steve, so pleased for you both.

Dan
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #7
Admiral

as promised, here's some photo's...

marsha on the ferry (really worried about the trip)

crossing the Straights of Rosario...the water was flat calm and promising to be a nice ride

wild whim at the guest dock after we tested her out...all systems seemed fine after seatrails...then I signed off the repairs and contacted the bank..that's Jeff..

Jeff enjoying the ride.....note the 2 cell phones next too Jeff....I handed him mine to be in line with my new rule....

sp
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 09-03-2011, 03:47 PM   #8
Admiral

jeff got me at the helm....we had a nice ride home..

on the final stretch....Everett at the end behind Hat island...we saw a few boats

as noted before..the water was nice and calm....only some snot from other boaters heading north..but overall it was a great day to come home on..

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 09-03-2011, 04:22 PM   #9

Cool Home and Hosed.

Atta Boy SP!!!

Show that big ol' boat who's Boss!

One question: Whats this little yellow cord thingy on your shirt do when I pull-it-PPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!!!!!!

Take care and enjoy her once again.

Bella Sera 3300SCR Out.
Bella Sera 3300SCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:40 PM   #10
Admiral

Hey SP I notice the frames cushions to protect the isenglass.............come with the boat or did you get them yourself? Are they pipe insulation? Nice idea.

Oh and by the way ..........wipe that big ***** eatin grin off your face...........you looked pretty happy driving that boat of yours!!!!

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:48 PM   #11
Admiral

yep..pipe insulation..works great to keep the eisenglass off the stainless which DOES rust.......

thanks all.....today we're gonna go to the boat and clean it..wash 2 mos worth of shop crud off it....

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 09-04-2011, 01:15 AM   #12
Admiral

we spent the entire day cleaning up the mess...they shut the power off to the AC system and we lost everything in the fridges......we cleaned up all the sanding dust and dirt...bunch of crap..all the laundry had to be come out to be washed.....all the linen came out....washed the hull...top....vacuumed the entire salon and next I have to wash the engines and engine bay down....that should make everything back to normal....

need to wax some spots but that's ok...another weekend.....

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 09-04-2011, 01:20 AM   #13
Captain

boating in the woods with the canvas up..... meaning, there are big trees and no beaches and you must be cold....., very diffrent from waters on long island.

I was out in the inlet to the ocean today, and the bow top deck was level with the top of the swells, jumping and rolling, was thinking 30 ft not big enought for this...

But I did fill up at the dock for $4.59 a gallon, though i was stealing it, since last time it as 10 cent higher....
pascavone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 08:34 AM   #14
Captain

yoho SP

so glad for you that the boat finally is where she belongs......save in the harbour in the area of your home.....understood that the trip home was some sort of a party...leaving your cellphone safe with your frend....(hahaha)

as i allready told you....

try to find the happiness back of using the boat...... and see if you will get that trusty and save feeling back......and if you do'nt......winter will be cold and long....so you and your lady will have time enough to decide what to do next....keep the boat, trade her in for a new one or wath ever.......

quess you and your lady have brains enough (at least your wife has enough....for you...using you cell while boating.......i'm not sure....hahahha just kiddin) to make the right decision

with very much kindly regards/greatz etc etc etc etc......ed......blablablablabla
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 12:56 PM   #15

Congrats SP. Glad the boat finally made it home!!!
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:21 PM   #16
Commander

Great to see you enjoying your boat again....
oldno7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 03:11 PM   #17
Lt. Commander

Default Congrats!!!

So good to hear that things are all coming together for you now.. I'm sure it won't be long before al things are back to normal... Take your time, both you and the admiral, reflect then move forward as you both see fit...

You do look like you have a canary eating grin though... I'd say good to be back at the controls by the look of it!!
Old 09-07-2011, 02:31 AM   #18
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by vffb507 View Post
So good to hear that things are all coming together for you now.. I'm sure it won't be long before al things are back to normal... Take your time, both you and the admiral, reflect then move forward as you both see fit...

You do look like you have a canary eating grin though... I'd say good to be back at the controls by the look of it!!

"You do look like you have a canary eating grin though..."
yeah...I do kinda look that way don't I....

thanks all......we'll keep trying things...right now we're just not sure what to do.....

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 09-07-2011, 12:12 PM   #19
Lieutenant

Great news SP!! Glad to see her back where she belongs. Have fun and enjoy!

Cap

capav8r is offline   Reply With Quote