Old 06-03-2015, 04:39 PM   #1
Lieutenant

Default Water & faucets on boat...

Just purchased my 2001 Maxum 2500 SCR this January. My wife and I have taken her out quite a bit and she runs great.

So far we have figure most everything out with the exception of the faucets. I've tried turning the faucets on but nothing comes out. My first thought was that a switch needed to be turned on (does it?). Then I thought maybe the tank just needs to be filled up first. Or maybe both?

If a switch needs to be turned on are there two separate switches for hot and cold? If not does anyone know how to get hot water on the 2001 Maxum 2500? Does the engine just heat it as you run or does it need shore power? Or both?

Lastly there is a valve on a hose that I think says AC line. Does this need to be turned on to use the Air Conditioning? This I know I will need a generator/shore power or inverter w/ additional bank of batteries.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

brineair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 04:57 PM   #2
Admiral

Make sure your tank is full of water.

There should be a power switch just below the counter top near the sink. It will glow red when turned on. Press the top of the switch in.

Hot water is generated when the engine runs or can be heated when plugged in to shore power if you have a heater. Look for a switch on the panel.

Phillbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 04:59 PM   #3
Lieutenant

Thank you Phillbo! I did see the switch you are talking about before. Sounds like I just need to fill it up. You wouldn't happen to know how much water the fresh water tank holds on that particular model would you?
Old 06-03-2015, 05:17 PM   #4
Admiral

My 2004 2500SE holds 20 gallons of fresh water. I'd expect your to be the same. When you turn on the power switch you should hear the pump prime the system (it will make a growling noise and then stop when fully primed). If you don't hear it,you may have a bad pump.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:21 PM   #5
Lieutenant

Thanks again for the info and quick responses!
Old 06-03-2015, 07:17 PM   #6
Lt. Commander

we don't use the hot water.. smells funky from tank. the hot water tank should be by the batteries but shouldn't have a valve. At least there isn't one on our 2800 scr.
our switch light it out but switch works.
one thing I found out last year- if the tank runs out the pump will run continuously and possibly burn out or worse (fire). probably not but makes me nervous.
we don't use the water for drinking just washing up in the sinks.
enjoy the new boat!
ac valve needs to be open. we had to open up the 4 screws that hold plastic housing to pump to bleed air out. just break the seal and let a little water come out, doesn't take much. only had to do that twice in 2 years but something to know.
Make sure water is coming out the bow port when it's running.

ours was a little low on Freon. R22 is what is should take. buddy topped it off and it works really well.

lastly I always triple check before filling up gas or water. Would be awful if gas went in water tank or vise versa.
My wife accidently put fresh water in waste water tank but that wasn't too big a deal.
BB
Baby Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:28 PM   #7
Lieutenant

Thanks for the info Baby Blue. Im assuming your answer concerning the valve being turned on for the AC is still only for the purposes of using the AC and has nothing to do with the faucet water?
Old 06-03-2015, 09:00 PM   #8
Admiral

Not all boats were plumber to make hot water off the engine, look and see if there are 2 hoses from the engine to the water heater.

Mike
mmwjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 09:14 PM   #9
Lieutenant

Thanks Mike. Heading that way in about 30 minutes. I will give her a look.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:10 AM   #10
Ensign

i am new to a 2002 2300 SR (open Bow )...very nice boat.

Where is the switch to turn on water pump to get water to the sink and transom shower. Thanks for help....nothing in manual.
Robkat7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 03:16 AM   #11
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robkat7 View Post

Where is the switch to turn on water pump to get water to the sink and transom shower. Thanks for help....nothing in manual.
Welcome aboard

I do not know the answer to your question, hopefully someone will chime in who does. Should be a red rocker switch.

Mike
Old 06-04-2015, 03:24 AM   #12
Admiral

Look for a red rocker switch near the sink.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:57 AM   #13
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robkat7 View Post

I'm not exactly sure where yours would be as I am not familiar with your boat either. My switch was below/next to the sink in the galley/kitchenette area.

I can't remember off the top of my head but I believe Brunswick used to manufacture Maxums. Whoever it was I found out and called them for the original owners manual. They had it and emailed it right over. I printed all 40+ pages and left it on the boat.

Hope this helps!?
Old 06-04-2015, 11:23 AM   #14
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by brineair View Post
I'm not exactly sure where yours would be as I am not familiar with your boat either. My switch was below/next to the sink in the galley/kitchenette area.

I can't remember off the top of my head but I believe Brunswick used to manufacture Maxums. Whoever it was I found out and called them for the original owners manual. They had it and emailed it right over. I printed all 40+ pages and left it on the boat.

Hope this helps!?
Correct Maxum was owned by Brunswick

Mike
Old 06-04-2015, 12:44 PM   #15
Lieutenant

I made it down to the boat yesterday and filled the water tank a little over half way. I turned on the pump and turned on each faucet individually. The small sink behind the captains seat worked just fine as did the faucet in the bathroom. The kitchen sink faucet didn't have a very strong stream. However, when i pushed the button on the faucet to change the stream (high pressure/low pressure) the high pressure seemed to be ok. Might just be a buildup issue on the faucet screen? Lastly I tried the transom shower. I turned the knobs to turn the water on and it seemed to be making a noise as if it were calling for water but nothing was coming out. I tried both cold and hot with no success. Any ideas on what the problem could be?
Old 06-04-2015, 12:58 PM   #16
Lt. Commander

First I would try one faucet at a time.... By opening all faucet at the same time you are splitting the pressure coming off the pump so you won't get full pressure out if any of them, as for the transom shower did you let it run for a few minutes? It might have air in the line, also the faucets on my boat have a way to shut them off by turning the round part where the water comes out. ... If none of this works, open the engine compartment door and find where the faucet is and while you have the faucet on check the hose to make sure it isn't split and leaking the water into the bilge.
God luck!
0Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 01:03 PM   #17
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gravity View Post
First I would try one faucet at a time.... By opening all faucet at the same time you are splitting the pressure coming off the pump so you won't get full pressure out if any of them, as for the transom shower did you let it run for a few minutes? It might have air in the line, also the faucets on my boat have a way to shut them off by turning the round part where the water comes out. ... If none of this works, open the engine compartment door and find where the faucet is and while you have the faucet on check the hose to make sure it isn't split and leaking the water into the bilge.
God luck!
Thanks for the quick response. I did try each one individually as i read that it was a pressurized system. The one thing I did not do however was let the transom shower run very long as all the other faucets worked right away. I will let it run longer. I ran it for probably a good full 30+ seconds but maybe that wasn't long enough? If that doesn't work I will check for any leaks. Thanks again!
Old 06-04-2015, 01:05 PM   #18
Lt. Commander

Don't forget the shut off on the handle by the aerator.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:07 PM   #19
Lt. Commander

Mine had 3 settings -Off- -Faucet mode- -Shower mode-
Old 06-04-2015, 01:54 PM   #20
Lieutenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gravity View Post
Mine had 3 settings -Off- -Faucet mode- -Shower mode-
0Gravity, here are this images of my specific setup...

I only have the knobs for the hot water and cold water and then a small button on the actual handle of the faucet itself. It pushes both ways. Is this what you are referring to as the shut-off? If so what side needs to be pushed in for it to work? Thanks again!
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 9.31.49 AM.png   Screen Shot 2015-06-04 at 9.48.14 AM.png