Old 05-15-2006, 08:54 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Wakeboard Tower for my 1900sr

Whats up everybody. Im new here. My name is Anthony. 8)

I have a 2002 maxum 1900sr

I would like to add a wakboard tower. Is this something I can install myself? Or should I not mess around and have a pro do it?

Also is there a dealer that specializes in towers for Maxum boats?

~Anthony

Anthony1900sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:10 AM   #2
Lt. Commander

Look down a few posts in this topic and speakerdude did and install on a 17' maybe give him post an see what he did?

alrightythen@iboatnw.com
3388sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 12:45 AM   #3
Lt. JG

ok.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:17 AM   #4
Lt. JG

UPDATE!

I guess this only helps if you own my type of boat. The Maxum ski boats.
So after alot of choices in towers I think I may have found the best one. Its called the slider. It is custome made by wakeair. I like it because the bars are fitting to the windows frame. No rattles, and it compliments the style of the boat. I think. So here is a picture of a 1800sr with the slider tower. My Maxum is a 1900sr. When I get the tower installed I will post the pics. For now here is the pic of the tower.

sweet hu!

I have to admit. After I bought my 1900sr I didnt like how it looked out of the water. I think its that deep hull. But this tower really made it look aggressive. Cant wait to see it in the water!

For info go to

www.wakeair.com tell them Anthony with the Maxum sent ya!

I would highly recommend this company for your Tower if your on the west coast.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:41 PM   #5
Lt. Commander

Yep the tower makes tha boat look completly different - In a good way!
alrightythen@iboatnw.com
3388sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 08:57 PM   #6
Lt. JG

Just added a five blade prop. Called the High Five. 19 Pitch. Then today I see a bigger 5 blade prop. Now I should really stop spending money on this thing. But...

There is so many cool things I can still do. 8)

anyone here heard of the Maximus 5 blade?
Old 05-27-2006, 09:44 AM   #7
Ensign

Default stay with hi5

warning anthony - stay with the hi5 prop. The Maximus, even if you could fit it to your drive, has such a large blade area it would blow your motor. Trust me, i know a little about merc props. If you have an Alpha drive and want pulling power, the High 5 is the end all to be all. I sell more high5's and 4 blade stainless props than most places on the west coast, so I know. With your boat the high 5 don't get no better!

enjoy!

OP

for everyone = ADDING A STAINLESS PROP OF THE RIGHT VARIETY IS LIKE ADDING A 200HP SHOT OF NITROUS TO YOUR CAR, BUT ITS CONSTANT, NO PUSHING A BUTTON!
AMEN!
Olympicparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 03:40 AM   #8
Lt. JG

I figured so. I did a little reading myself. Your exactly right. The HI 5 is the way to go, and it doesnt get any better. I just hope I dont hit anything. The guy told me that it could break. Ill just have to be really careful. Taking it out on Sunday for the first time with the new prop and tower. Im stoked! Ill post some pics of it when I get them. The guys over at wake air took some photos.

Thanks for the info Olympicparts 8)
Old 06-29-2006, 03:34 PM   #9
Commander

That is a great looking tower Anthony!

I just bought my first Maxum (1800 SR-3) last weekend and took possession of it this past Tuesday. It has every option except the factory tower. So I ask the salesman "hey, how much for you guys to install the factory tower" and before I finished the question he was already shaking his head no. He went on to inform me that an aftermarket or even a factory tower will void all warranties on the boat and that even if I don't care about losing the warranties, the boat isn't made with the proper reinforcements that it would have coming from the factory.

What does anyone think of that? I'm more concerned about the gunwale integrity over the warranties.
racer2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:12 PM   #10
Lt. Commander

Send a message via MSN to Brit Rider

Great to see people adding towers to their boats!

Anthony, Wakeair are great people, good quality and the guys know what they are doing.

You shouldn't need deck strengthening as you'll already have plenty, Wakeair may need to remove/file away a small flap of fibreglass that sits right in front of your glove box, but other then that a straight forward procedure.

racer2c - your dealer, with all due respect is lying or is lacking knowledge. Maxum offers a tower which is available through them or through the guys that build it for them
- XTP (www.xtremetowers.com)
You can install it yourself with minimal hassle in around 3 hours - costs about 1800-1900 bucks with shipping to US mainland. This tower will not and cannot void any warranties if fitted correctly by an XTP dealer or Maxum - it' their tower, its like putting a new Maxum decal on the side and being told it will void your hull warranty!!!

You can add other aftermarket towers such as Monster Tower (MonsterTower.com), they offer a solid product for around 1200 bucks. It is silent and totally stiff, plus a little easier to fit than the Maxum stock tower. The only thing it will void is your deck warranty if you get any cracking. Otherwise you will be totally fine - call maxum for reasurance. Or ask you dealer in what way it could possibly void.. say your engine warranty? or hull warranty.... haha some dealers make me chuckle...

Hope that helps,

Brit Rider