Old 02-01-2007, 05:26 PM   #1
Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to Flying_Maxum
Default Trailer serial #

I am sure the answer is no, but does anyone know if there is a way to track down the serial # for a trailer? The numbers on the sticker are faded to oblivion, and I need to get my tag/license plate. I just bought a 97 Maxum 2100 SR, and it came with the matching Maxum labeled trailer. Are the serial #'s stamped anywhere into the metal? The dealer listed the trailer as "home made" which means they want to issue me a new serial # and I have to have it checked out and approved by the county sheriff, before they will give me my tag for the plate.

Old 02-02-2007, 01:30 AM   #2
Admiral

Default trailers

I didn't want this to languish around and I'm really hoping someone with a trialer will reply...I dry store my boat so can't offer any help.....

welcome too the zoo and hope someone will chime in here...

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 06:46 PM   #3
Commander

I looked on my trailer and can't find any stamped serial #. I have a 2006 Karavan.

These things differ state to state. Did the dealer give any sort of document on the trailer? It sounds like you'll need to apply for a Lost/New/Salvage title from your DMV. Take whatever the dealer gave you and fill out the DMV form for a Lost/New/Salvage title and pay them your $35 or so dollars and you'll have your trailer title and stickers.
racer2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:20 PM   #4
Lieutenant

The DMV gave me a new serial # plate and paperwork, I was just did not want to deal with the hassle of having to have someone come out and inspect and sign off on it, so I could get my tag. That and I will have to drill and rivet this plate to my trailer. I guess you have to do, what you have to do.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:14 AM   #5
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying_Maxum
The DMV gave me a new serial # plate and paperwork, I was just did not want to deal with the hassle of having to have someone come out and inspect and sign off on it, so I could get my tag. That and I will have to drill and rivet this plate to my trailer. I guess you have to do, what you have to do.
Ah. In VA they don't need to look at your vehicle/trailer. In FL they do, but they don't have yearly inpsections like VA.
racer2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 02:58 PM   #6
Lieutenant

Just an update on this wonderful fiasco. I discovered that if you get the light to hit the sticker on the trailer just right, you can read the numbers even though they look completely faded away. Unfortunately for me, too late. Since the DMV has already issued me a new serial #, I have to use that one. Which means I have to permanently affix this plate to my trailer, have the sheriff come out and inspect it to make sure it is roadworthy, then go back to the dmv with such info as, how much my trailer weighs, value, etc. Only then if I am lucky will I get my tag from the DMV. I wish I lived in a state that did not require tags for trailers, but in Georgia, they try to get money out of you anyway they can.