Old 02-18-2007, 01:59 AM   #1
Admiral

Default today is getting ready to boat

got up this morning and after breakfast, went to the boat after stopping for some outdrive oil....
I changed the outdrive oil, greased the fittings in the drive and steering linkage shafts.....cleaned alot of stains off the fiberglass and seats...tightened a bunch of door screws and nuts all over the boat.....rearranged one of my lockers that I store oil and stuff in....cleaned it up some...and just did a bunch of stuff that I've been wanting to do for months.....it's getting closer!!...time to go boating!!!...hope everyone else had a good weekend....

sunday....woke up and took my time doing stuff around the house...then went back to the boat to change the oil in my westerbeke genny...I'm always amazed at how we have to change the oil in marine engines....if your a newbie and are about to change your own oil...get a oilbouy.....about the best 45 bucks you'll spend on your boat....for the genny I stuck the hose down the dipstick hole and started pumping the oilbouy...about 5 min.s later....it had sucked all the oil out of the oil pan...changed out the filter and added the new oil....run and test for leaks and badabing...it's done!!...all ready for another hundred hrs of operation.....
now I'm ready to go boating!!...

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:45 AM   #2
Lt. Commander

Default getti ready 2

Went to the DC boat show and I'm getting ready too! But, this won't be a Maxum season for me. If you're in Northern Va, or Maryland, there's an excellently maintained, and extremely well equiped, electronically Maxum 2100SC that Hoffmasters has for sale. It's "Sempre Veloce".

The Chaparrel dealers made me an extremely good trade in offer as an inducement to purchase a New 255SSi with 360 horse motor and Radar Arch, and my new boat is being built as you read this.

As it took me years to figure out the deficiencies of the 2100SC, and I have corrected them on my boat, I sure would like to see it wind up in a fellow Maxum guy's hands, and I'll be sure to watch this forum just to see what happens.

KKKKFL

Franco_2100SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:07 PM   #3
Admiral

Default congrats on the new boat!!

hope you'll stick around here and let us see the new toy!!...sounds like a really nice boat....be sure to post some pic's......
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:43 PM   #4
Lieutenant

do you know how much they want for maxum.. got a friend shopping around now for a 21 - 23 foot boat.
Based on everything ive read on this site I def. would have him get into a boat that you maintained.
MaxumNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:10 AM   #5
Commander

Chapperal; eh? Man, now I know how the BayLiner guys feel (just kidding).

I've checked out the Chaps at the shows. Very nice. Congrats Franco!
racer2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:54 PM   #6
Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to Flying_Maxum

I had a Chaparral, if it wasnt for the Yamaha sterndrive (obsolete), I would probably still have it, was a great boat.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:07 PM   #7
Lt. Commander

Default hoffmaster

No, I don't know what they'll ask.. prolly pretty close to blue book, which will be a good deal. I plan on leaving the color GPS/fishfinder/depth Lowrance, and the high end VHF radio, plus, I just put the Lenco tabs on, and I have modified, or cured many of Maxum's defecencies like the back side of the ovals. Maxum is supposed to encorporate some of my recommendations, but I didn't look to see if any made it in this year's models.

Have your friend visit this link..
http://sempreveloce.tripod.com/

and if he is interested, I can give him the contact name at Hoffmasters.

KKKKFL
Franco_2100SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 05:00 AM   #8
Commander

Default Re: hoffmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco_2100SC
No, I don't know what they'll ask.. prolly pretty close to blue book, which will be a good deal. I plan on leaving the color GPS/fishfinder/depth Lowrance, and the high end VHF radio, plus, I just put the Lenco tabs on, and I have modified, or cured many of Maxum's defecencies like the back side of the ovals. Maxum is supposed to encorporate some of my recommendations, but I didn't look to see if any made it in this year's models.

Have your friend visit this link..
http://sempreveloce.tripod.com/

and if he is interested, I can give him the contact name at Hoffmasters.

KKKKFL
Keep us posted on your new boat. Let us know if you discover any deficiencies.

racer2c is offline   Reply With Quote