Old 11-20-2018, 05:59 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Thumbs down Swim Patform (SeakDek or other) 4100 SCR

Hi Folks

I am planning on covering our swim platform with SeaDek or another brand. We had a guy come out and measure the platform but because the Maxum logo is embossed on the deck he said he wouldn't cover it because it would look awful and show through the decking. The other option is to sand the platform down and remove the non skid surface all but making the logo disappear before they apply the new stuff.

I tried to do the right thing and I reached out to Brunswick asking if it would be ok to emboss the seadecking with the Maxum logo. He said "use of the logo is not permitted as it is proprietary and not allowed"

Hmm? I said even for Sea Ray? He said yes. Is that right (see attached) No licensing or anything???? You don't say?????

So I'm going to sand the platform and cover up the logo with plain decking unless you have any other ideas. I don't mind hiding their logo or adding something other than their logo.
Attached Thumbnails
searay-decking.jpg  

ktchristie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 01:47 PM   #2

The Brunswick response was a generic one. We reupholstered a locker hatch with new fabric and my wife hand embroidered the Maxum logo on it. Many people make accessory pillows, vinyl upholstery and decking with the brand name (including font) and/or logos.

It would be one thing if you were making products and selling them.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 02:58 PM   #3
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
The Brunswick response was a generic one. We reupholstered a locker hatch with new fabric and my wife hand embroidered the Maxum logo on it. Many people make accessory pillows, vinyl upholstery and decking with the brand name (including font) and/or logos.

It would be one thing if you were making products and selling them.
I agree. I’m not mass producing I just wanted to carry the logo through instead of cover it up. They didn’t even offer a license for a one time. They are missing the boat so to say. Lol
ktchristie is offline   Reply With Quote