Old 06-24-2007, 03:32 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Swim ladder hold down

Greetings to all

I have a 2001 3000 SCR and I now know not to start the starboard engine up with the ladder down. We were beached and I forgot my stakes to get the boat on shore. Anyway..........Besides dealing with maxum parts which I have no idea when I might get this part ........ as the dealer parts man said to me "I have done all that I can do"........

The plastic snap that is attached to the strap is what I am looking for that got broke. If don't hear anything from Maxum in a week I will change out the whole thing with a canvas snap, ( male- female) set-up.

My question is: Does anyone know who the supplier is for Maxum with these plastic snaps?

I am doing the google search next.....

Thanks

Roger

mrbigsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 03:47 PM   #2
Admiral

Welcome to the zoo ....man...now that's a good one...I do remember seeing the swim ladders at west marine the other day..but where to get the snap strap ...man...I'm just not sure.....where are you located at?....if your close to me...I can probably recommend a local parts store here in the everett area that might have something or a company ....
let us know what you come up with....

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 02:34 AM   #3
Ensign

Default It was a snap

Thanks seapuppy

Boss and I went down to the boat this afternoon to the marina and I couldn't stand it any longer and I fixed it. If you can imagine a snap almost like one on a life jacket but instead of snapping on its side, it snaps on its bottom and top. Anyway I took the strap off out the bottom ladder ( one screw) and then took two screws out underneath the swim platform where the good part of the snap was. Replaced it with a canvas snap (male), caulked the second screw hole up and then made another strap to fit with the female part of the snap. Works just great!

I am also on the BOC website and finally saw picture of you and your great looking family. It is always nice to put a face next to a name We are in the central Illinois area and boat on the Illinois River.

Thanks

Roger
mrbigsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 03:28 AM   #4
Admiral

Roger...I thought I recognized your name....but I was thinking it was over on iboats or boat us......glad you got it fixed.....I was looking at mine yesterday and mine has the snaps as you describbed.......

thanks for the compliment....yep...that's our family...since we boat up here in the pacnorwest....we have a mess of places to go...this friday we're taking half day off and heading up into the canadian gulf islands for 8 days.....we're really looking fwd to getting out of town....once that's finished..I think my summer is over...we'll be testing the new 787 airplane and it looks like it's going to get busy ....
keep coming here....we're a small site but we're trying to get bigger....

Steve...aka ..Seapuppy...
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote