Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
Admiral

Default Summer's Over - What mod's ya got planned for winter projects

ok...summers over....we've seen some fantastic mods on folks' boats...but now that the summer is almost over (cept for those in ariz/tex/nev).....
I was sitting here trying to think of what mods I want to do this winter....I've added some arch lights to brighten up the cockpit....but now I gotta figure out what mod's to do this winter...might change out the stereo since it pretty much basically sucks.....
what mod's ya got planned for your winter projects??...

lets post em up..

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:18 PM   #2
Captain

I’ve decided not to upgrade a depreciating boat beyond its original equipment. I got excited about auto trim tabs, led indicators, and bow thrusts, but figured with the prices of boats nose diving, I can buy a grandpa boat for $15k under market when I need those toys.

As far as summer over, we have until Thanksgiving…. For 55 and sunny days….

pascavone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
Admiral

I am going to give serious thought about possiblily hooking up my hailer........only had sitting in the garage for three years............I have all my winterizing stuff anti-freeze, filters, fogging, and etc etc, etc ready to go for mid-october haul-out......
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:19 AM   #4
Commander

Started yesterday by installing a Lewmar cast SS chain stop and today I replaced the holding tank. Tomorrow is engine oil & filters.

On the list for the winter is:

A new water heater (tiny tiny leak)
Dual automatic transfer switches (so I don't have to do any switching between shore, genny & inverter
Microwave (going larger)
TV mount for the cockpit
Subwoofer and amp for cockpit
Bottom paint
New cut less bearings
Engine alignment
dronthelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:37 AM   #5
Captain

work to get al the money together for our new ship........... so no time for funny things this winter.....except what 's already planned...

greatz, ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 11:17 AM   #6
Commander

Cool this winter

Well I'm going to redo a new bimini top with topgun I bought a sewing machine for it and all the supplies.So I have no idea why I think I could do this, but I'm in to deep now.Its going to be a long winter.
cunuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 01:25 PM   #7
Commander

Headed to the lake again this weekend, temps should be mid 90's.(hate to concede to this Winter talk)

When I start to think of winter projects, first on my list is a swim platform..
oldno7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 02:10 PM   #8
Lt. Commander

Heading out for a cruise this afternoon on the mighty Hudson River. Beautiful day, 70 and sunny in NY. My summer ends in November! Need a new spotlight and I'm actually going to try and reuse last years shrink wrap. If this works I'll save $550...
Capt Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 04:15 PM   #9
Lt. JG

Even though boating season isn't over just yet (we love boating in sweatshirts and sweatpants in Mid-October!) here is our list of projects for this winter

New extended swim plaform
New vinyl upholstery for the seating (want to get rid of the ribbed piping on the seats- make it look more modern)
Automatic flushing toilet (to replace our manual one)
New mattresses

Last years projects included
New eisenglass and bimini top
New stereo system (new speakers in the arch, subwoofers, and new amp)
Blue LED lighting on all courtesy floor lights, arch lights, and speaker lights-- We used $15 lights from AUTOZONE, worked AWESOME, so bright!
finally putting our M&M name on the boat
purchased a new trailer
new gauges
.... Just to name a few! Since the boat is paid off, we always seem to find things to "upgrade" on it now LOL!
M & M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:19 PM   #10
Lieutenant

I want to rip up the floor and put down a product called Amtico (oak). It is the most realistic fake flooring I've seen. They are in individual strips like real flooring.
Also want to swap out the incandescent for LED lights.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 09:07 PM   #11
Lt. Commander

Summer was over ages ago in the UK, i pulled the boat out a month ago as its not anti fouled and was growing weed (will post pics on a new topic) Stripped all the pinstripes and gave a full machine polish and wax ready to put it back on its berth the following week...well the weather still is crap so boat will probably stay on the drive untill next spring now.

Am gutted that i never got a last blast in her as i have been posting a few performance tests on another forum that i wanted to carry out with my gps running and see the outcome. one was to remover the foils that i think came as standard on the 3L mercruiser?

Will re pinstripe a couple of areas, but not all like the original, i prefer the clean lines, will do a full detail on the engine and bildge, and would also like a very slight tint on the screen. Not sure i will be financially ready for an upgrade next year, so will bring mine up to better than new looks
Warpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:46 AM   #12
Commander

To me the cast & polished stainless steel Lewmar chain stop is a gorgeous hunk of metal. The only disappoint was that the anchor shank tilts up as you start to lower the anchor causing the chain to rise a couple inches and drag on the bottom of the chain stop thereby tripping to closed. I had to install a stainless steel u-bolt ahead of the stop to keep the chain from rising to high. Works perfectly but takes away from the beautiful of the stop. Please ignore the dirty deck. I hate to admit but it has been a month since she has had a bath.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1504.JPG  
dronthelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:39 PM   #13
Lt. Commander

Hoping to upgrade stareo with rear speakers, maybe even EQ and subs.. (all sitting in garage for years).. Make or get new bow cover. Too small a boat for too much