Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-23-2012, 08:36 PM   #1
Lieutenant

Default Storage shed supplies

So I made the decision to store my boat permanently close to the lake we frequent most often instead of close to my house. Last year we only used the boat at our local river and lake 2 times vs. the 5 times we towed it over 4 hours each way to use it. My question and main concern is that I have what I need should I run into any mechanical issues while away from home (and all my tools) and what else would be nice to have available in my shed. I tend to over prepare for everything but when it comes to my boat but since I have access to all you folks I thought I would get some opinions. I have a good friend that keeps his boat in the same place and he suggested that I make some racks to be able to hang the wet life jackets etc, which I thought was a great suggestion. He also keeps a ladder and a battery charger there. any other suggestions for things that would be nice to have? I am not crazy about keeping a bunch of tools there but thought maybe I could keep a lockable toolbox there that I could screw to the wall or something...

jrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
Captain

i keep a small tool box on board, sockets, allen wrenchs, scew drivers, bulbs, fuses, light tester, 8' of jumper wire, box wrenchs that fit the drive pullies and hose clamps, spare fan belt, distributer cap.

any bigger issues its sea tow time....

really, what can you fix other then that in the middle of a lake?
pascavone is offline   Reply With Quote