Old 04-16-2006, 12:29 AM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default specs on my SR1750

Well, the wakeboard tower turned out very nice. Thanks for all your input.

I am however, used to driving boats with more horse power and maneuverability. This boat seems slugish.

Does anyone know the specs on this boat?

It is a 95 model SR 1750 with a 3.0lx Merc and stainless steel prop. (came with it)

It cruises nicely at 28 MPH @ 3800 RPM's. It will do 4800 RPM's (is loud too) at approx 38 MPH. It seems like the speed vs. RPM's are about 1000 apart.

Does this sound right?

Speakrdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 05:04 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

I used to have an 1850lx and your speed and Rpms sound right. I could get a max of 42 mph with a lightly loaded boat on perfect lake conditions.

As for noise - it is the nature of the beast with in line four cylinders. You always have 2 cylinders going down at the same time you have 2 going up. Lots of vibration and since it is basically bolted to the hull, you really hear and feel the engine at WOT.

alrightythen@iboatnw.com
3388sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 09:54 AM   #3
Ensign

DUDE, CALL ME

I HAVE THE ANSWER

OP
Olympicparts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 07:39 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

Send a message via MSN to Brit Rider

DUDE IS IT A HIGH 5 PROP?!!?!?!?

hehe just messing with ya, but yeah high five (19 pitch or 21 - your call depending on requirements) will do wonders for that boat.

as for sound... Dynamat... lots and lots of Dynamat in your engine bay will help a bit.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:10 PM   #5
Commander

What will the High 5 do for my 2006 1800SR3 with the 190hp 4.3?

I'm running a 23 pitch aluminum now.
racer2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:50 PM   #6
Lt. Commander

Racer, go to a 19 pitch. it will rev upto near it's max and drop your top end to around 45-46mph. however you'll get there in less than half the time and your boat will become an absolute pleasure to drive.

If you want to retain your top end speed but still benefit from quicker holeshot whilst keeping the revs a touch lower go for a 21 pitch. be aware the improvements won't be on a par with the 19 pitch but they'll be obvious and you'll save on fuel economy.

High 5's really are the best of the best when it comes to props. speed holding, grip, improves handling, they have it all.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:45 PM   #7
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit Rider
Racer, go to a 19 pitch. it will rev upto near it's max and drop your top end to around 45-46mph. however you'll get there in less than half the time and your boat will become an absolute pleasure to drive.

If you want to retain your top end speed but still benefit from quicker holeshot whilst keeping the revs a touch lower go for a 21 pitch. be aware the improvements won't be on a par with the 19 pitch but they'll be obvious and you'll save on fuel economy.

High 5's really are the best of the best when it comes to props. speed holding, grip, improves handling, they have it all.
I assume the High 5 is stainless? I've been told to stick with aluminum as it's better to break/bend one instead of having your outdrive get pulled off. :shock:
Old 07-05-2006, 01:52 PM   #8
Lt. Commander

Quote:
assume the High 5 is stainless? I've been told to stick with aluminum as it's better to break/bend one instead of having your outdrive get pulled off.
Hmm interesting

Yes it is stainless. but due to it having a big plastic slipping hub on the inside ther'e little chance of your drive recieving any damage. the plastic is the weakest link so in practice breaks first. but really... you are gonna ahve to hit something pretty hard and pretty badly to do any damage. The torq flo internal hub comes with the prop and can be replaced for about 25 bucks.

Stainless will always outperform ally as it allows a thinner blade surface, thus more grip and less drag. the high 5 is pretty much the creme de la creme for a boat like the 1800... it makes the world of difference. but comes at a price.. about 480 dollars :shock:

However, it will outlast an ally many times over so i'd argue it worth it for that, let alone the awesome performance boost 8)
Old 07-05-2006, 01:57 PM   #9
Commander

Quote:
Quote:
assume the High 5 is stainless? I've been told to stick with aluminum as it's better to break/bend one instead of having your outdrive get pulled off.
Hmm interesting

Yes it is stainless. but due to it having a big plastic slipping hub on the inside ther'e little chance of your drive recieving any damage. the plastic is the weakest link so in practice breaks first. but really... you are gonna ahve to hit something pretty hard and pretty badly to do any damage. The torq flo internal hub comes with the prop and can be replaced for about 25 bucks.

Stainless will always outperform ally as it allows a thinner blade surface, thus more grip and less drag. the high 5 is pretty much the creme de la creme for a boat like the 1800... it makes the world of difference. but comes at a price.. about 480 dollars :shock:

However, it will outlast an ally many times over so i'd argue it worth it for that, let alone the awesome performance boost 8)
I'm sold! Now to to explain to my wife why I need a new prop on our new boat.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:46 PM   #10
Lt. Commander

same as i did:

"Honey we need to get this new prop I want.. now I know this is a big deal but i've thought it over well... we need to sell one of the kids, I made the decision so i'll let you pick which one goes"
Old 07-05-2006, 05:49 PM   #11
Commander

Quote:
same as i did:

"Honey we need to get this new prop I want.. now I know this is a big deal but i've thought it over well... we need to sell one of the kids, I made the decision so i'll let you pick which one goes"
LOL!