Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-18-2017, 02:17 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Sliding Entry Door - Maxum 3100se

Hi there fellow Maxum owners

Has anyone replaced the top sliding door track on their Maxum? I have a 3100se and mine has all cracked and now the door is jamming. Looks like the whole dash needs to be removed to gain access to track. appreciate any comments.

Thanks

Brad
Attached Thumbnails
Entry Hatch.jpg  

Originalsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 09:18 PM   #2
Ensign

Default Door Removal on 2008 2700SE:

Brad here is what is involved in getting the screen door and fiberglass door out of my 2008 2700SE: should be a similar job for the 3100se

Remove windshield wiper(s)

Remove center windshield section. There is a screw on the port side of the hinge for the center windshield section. Remove this screw and then slide the section up and out.

Remove the rubber moldings at the bottom of the port and starboard windshield sections.

Remove the screws that are concealed by the moldings.

Remove the screws that attach the support struts to the windshield sections.

Remove each windshield panel by sliding upward. There is a track that attaches each section to the side window.

Remove the screws attaching the helm to the boat.

They used adhesive sealant along the front edge of the helm. Be patient in prying it up, it will come loose.

Once the helm is free, move it out of the way enough to expose the two tracks at the top of the doors. The track for the outer door has to be removed in order to get the door out. Lift up on the door far enough to slide the track out of the way.

Remove the screws that attach the sliding bracket to the bottom of the outer door. The outer door should be able to come out.

I don't think that the bottom track for the outer door has to be removed in order to get the screen doors bottom track out, but I removed it anyway. I think it made things easier, plus I wanted to clean everything while I was in this deep.

There are 4 screws holding the screen door into the top track. Remove these screws along with the bottom track and the screen door comes out.

Reverse the procedure to re-install.

It sounds like a lot of work and it did take some time. But none of it was terribly hard, just time-consuming. I did it without any help.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Xum 2700SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 02:04 PM   #3
Ensign

Hi Rob

Thanks very much for the work instruction! very detailed. I have ordered a new track & trucks from Boat Outfitters. Should arrive this week. appreciate you sharing your experience.

Happy boating.

Regards
Brad
Originalsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 02:31 PM   #4
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalsin View Post
Hi Rob

Thanks very much for the work instruction! very detailed. I have ordered a new track & trucks from Boat Outfitters. Should arrive this week. appreciate you sharing your experience.

Happy boating.

Regards
Brad
Hi Brad,
I have the same issue on my Maxum 3100SE. I would really appreciate if you can share parts you ordered along with steps involved.
Thank you,
Denis
dbatrak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sliding entry door., spartech