Old 06-25-2009, 01:33 AM   #1
Ensign

Default possible 1st boat

Hi everyone. My wife and I have been looking for our first boat for some time now. We have found a 1990 2700scr with I believe a 9'6" beam. We difinitely like the extra width as we have seen mostly 8' beamed boats. With it being our first boat we are very hesitant to pull the trigger, because we dont know much about the boat and the reputation of maxum boats. Can you guys please offer your experience with maxum and more specifically the 1990 2700scr if you have owned one. Thank You.

Jonathan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:47 AM   #2
Admiral

Default Re: possible 1st boat

Hi Jonathan...welcome to the zoo....I had a larger 2700 scr and with the 9'6" beam..it was definitely a good boat..took alot of water and just was really a nice boat for 2.....if your moving up from a smaller boat...I'd not hesitate with a 2700scr....nice boats...alot of room and accommodations....features...etc...tell us where you boat and all...

the best thing I can tell you is to get it surveyed......hull..engine..drive etc.....keep us informed...good luck..

SP :hello:

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 01:44 AM   #3
Ensign

I appreciate the response seapuppy. I was hoping to get more so I can get as many opinions as possible. I definitely plan on getting a survey done. We took it for a ride today and now I want it even more. We will be using it on Lake Erie so it is a good size boat for that. We might make an offer here in a couple days. Does anyone know where I can find something that would show the specs and original equipment of that model boat-kinda like a sticker on a car that shows all the options. Thanks.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:28 AM   #4
Admiral

Hi Jonathan...hope everything goes well...as for options..you need the HIN or Hull Identification Number that is 99.9% of the time stamped on the stern/stbd side...then call the maxum home office and they will send you an original owners manual....
as for options...not sure which options they offered back then.....hopefully someone here can offer some insite...

congrats on the new boat...

SP irate:
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 08:33 PM   #5
Ensign

I could really use some opinions and advice from the masses on this boat and Maxum in general. It will be my first boat so I would really like to get as much as info as possible. Thanks.
Old 07-04-2009, 06:26 AM   #6
Lt. JG

Hi :hello:
Welcome to the group. I really like my 1996 2700scr that I have had a couple of years now. I use it to cruise up and down the Columbia River and find it very comfortable. When I started looking for a boat this size, I looked at a couple of boats with the 8.6 beam but discovered I couldn't stretch out all of the way in the mid berth. That's not a problem with the Maxum with it's 9.6 beam. My only complaint is that going into the cabin is like entering a cave. I like to be able to see out when I am below which is hard to do with the portholes placed where they are. Morning coffee in the cockpit is priceless however.