Old 09-12-2010, 06:40 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Porta potty search

2000 2300 SC , looking to replace the porta potty . Unit is a Visa 308 , does anyone know of anyone who has this one in stock or which new visa replaces it ? Thanks , Keith

keith2300SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:04 PM   #2

I couldn't actually find any Visa 308's either. I did find some Visa 200 series (238, 248, 268).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...&creative=9325

this link (below) was a bit perplexing. The lid in the image shows a VISA 248, but the verbiage reads "Passport" portable toilets. A search on Passport doesn't seem to show porta potties named Visa. Sealand from either Defender or West Marine might be a nice replacement.

http://www.envirolet.com/por.html

I'm not sure what the budget is, but this looked pretty cool too, if you have the space:

http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?...1394&id=105225

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:43 PM   #3
Lt. JG

thanks , finding the visa 308 is a dead end , and no company seems to know what will replace it . Keeping these older maxums alive is not that easy as parts are hard to come by once they hit the ten year mark . Thanks for the help , Keith
keith2300SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:23 PM   #4

Since we're talking about a self-contained portta-pottie, I would think as long as the footprint is the same or similar and there is adequate clearance on the sides as well as height, then a suitable replacement may not need to be exactly the same. Provided you can at least find something with comparable or hopefully more capacity. Maybe they stopped making this model for a reason, or simply replaced it with a new model or numbering scheme. I look at it like trying to replace a Delco Cassette player or 8-track in a car. Maybe there is a more suitable reaplacement. After all, we're not trying to restore a vintage boat.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:43 AM   #5
Lt. JG

I bought a replacement port-a-potty for my 1989 2300 at Wal-Mart. It was a perfect fit. If you don't want to go to Wal-mart try a camper (RV) parts store. Good Luck
BKA
bka56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #6

I don't want to get to terribly political, but BOYCOTT WALMART.

Almost all marine supply stores are privately owned businesses (Obviously West Marine is an exception). They have specific knowledge about marine parts and products. They can special order items that you need. Good luck trying to get Walmart to special order an item from Us Marine or Mercruiser. My point is, if we buy our items from walmart and risk putting specialized mom and pop business out of business, you'll be stuck buying the crap that walmart is selling and putting good, hard working americans out of business. Think about all the items that you don't buy from walmart. Now think about what would happen if Walmart were the only business around.

I used to be an advid hiker and climber. I used to like to purchase high end hiking, climbing and camping gear. Walmart all but put every mom and pop climbing store out of business. When I was pinned down in a storm for 3+ days on Mt. Rainier a few years ago, I was glad I wasn't in a Coleman tent from Walmart.

OK, I'm officially off of my soapbox.
Old 09-27-2010, 01:27 PM   #7
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
........BOYCOTT WALMART.
Totally onboard with this - I refuse to step foot in a Walmart, for many, many, reasons - including the one above.

ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote