Old 10-10-2011, 06:37 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Porta Pot

My Maxum 2300 SR has a VISA 308 Porta Potti. But there are no instructions with it. Does anyone know where I can find some. This model seems to be fairly standard on some of the Maxum bowriders but the links on the internet seem to have expired.

John G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:35 PM   #2
Admiral

Have you tried to google your make and model and get info that way? What year is the boat?

Are you wanting to know how to use it also?...... for the most part they are two compartments. One to hold the waste (the bottom part)the top part ( to hold the water). You put a packet of prevent smellum stuff in the bottom part and then after your business is done you somewhere have pump to flush water from the top part into the bottom part.

Hope this helps

biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:34 AM   #3
Captain

call (905)738-2467 in canada

sanitation equipment limited, 35 citron court, concord, ontario, canada. they will send you one

greatz, ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #4
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

I have a VISA PP on my 2004 2400 SC3 - though I'm not sure of the model number. Big's description above pretty much covers it. If you can't find the instructions let me know and I'll dig mine out, scan, and send.

Basically, you fill the upper holding tank with water through the fill cap on at the right rear. In front there is a "T" handle that you pull forward to open the sliding valve that seperates the bowl from the lower holding tank. Then make a deposit. After that you use the pump that is at the left rear to wash the bowl. Then close the sliding valve.

You can use a marina pump out facility if yours, like mine, is equipped with a pump out port on the side of the boat. Basically, there is a hose from the pump out port on the side of the boat that connects to the PP holding tank. Simply connect the pump out hose att he marina to the pump out port and it sucks the waste from the holding tank - though I think to get it really clean one would have to add several gallons of water to the holding tank through the sliding valve during the pump out operation.

Mine has been used exactly twice in the 3 seasons we've owned the boat.

Dan
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:09 PM   #5

A couple of tips:

1) use Marine/RV toilet paper ONLY. It breaks down better.

2) Use Marine/RV holding tank deoderizer. Toss a little in the holding tank portion when empty. You can even toss a little in the freshwater storage portion as well, if you'd like. It will significantly reduce odors and breakdown EVERYTHING, making manual disposal much easier.

3) Empty that thing at the end of the day weekend. Make sure you flush it out, and store it with a little bit of water and the deoderizer.

4) Other than marine toilet paper.....if you didn't make it, it doesn't belong in there. LOL
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 02:36 PM   #6
Lt. JG

Default Thanks everyone...

We "upgraded" from a newer, smaller, Searay 2 years ago, specifically to get a boat with some kind of head for my wife to use.
So last weekend she, I and a couple of her girlfriends get ready to go out. One of them asks "How do you use the head?" Obviously, from my initial question, we were clueless. I don't think it had ever been used by the PO either. There are instructions on the inside of the lid on how to empty it at the end of the weekend and you can read them if you just about stand on your head with a flashlight, but we couldn't figure out about the "T" handle and sliding valve.

Fortunately, we were only out for a little while.

Normally, I'm a sailor and I always say that the thing I like best about sailing is the opportunity to learn from my mistakes. I'm finding out that the same is true for powerboats.

Best wishes, John
Old 10-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #7
Captain

dan i have the same as yours and the discription works for several types incl the 308 so dig and scan. i have the discription here in front of me..... but dont know how to scan, send and what ever.....

so if you would be so kind....if he calls canada they send him one

greatz, ed
Old 10-11-2011, 03:53 PM   #8
Lt. JG

Default No need to scan...

I found the instructions on the Sanitation Equipment Ltd website so I didn't even have to call them. Good tip, Ed.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:52 PM   #9
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

I guessed that yours is the same as mine Ed - and that was a good tip indeed.

Yeah John, power boats are the same - always something to learn and I still do. Every day.

I don't think ours had ever been used either prior to when we took ownership of the boat. When we bought the boat I was pretty indifferent to the head - thinking that "the water is right there" but, after this past Saturday, I have a whole new outlook on it. We'd been on the hook with my wifes' sister/mother/cousins enjoying cheese, crackers, hummus, apple slices, champaign while sitting in the Potomac in DC. Weighed anchor and got about 30 minutes into our 90 minute run back to the marina when nature came calling on me. As in RIGHT NOW. Fortunately we'd also just dropped off plane for a long no-wake zone so I handed the helm over to my wife and went below. For 10 minutes.

Lession for the day: Know how to work the head!
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:20 PM   #10
Captain

problem solved......

greatz, ed
Old 10-11-2011, 10:42 PM   #11
Lt. JG

Default Next steps

Now that I've learned how to operate the porta potty, thanks to all of you, now I have to figure out how to fit my 6'3" self into the head space on our bowrider.
It gives new depth and meaning to the concept of "no headroom"
Old 10-11-2011, 11:24 PM   #12
Admiral

John...........don't feel bad ......back in the late 80's early 90's I had a 21 foot Bayliner that had a PPotty in a small storage locker that was foward of the passenger seat on the port side. I'm about 5' 11'' and I took one look on how I was going to back my butt up aim, drop and hit the hole all in one motion..........did I forget the possiblity of adding alcohol to the equation........no this is not going to happen. I would take the PP out of the boat and just park it up into the woods at the beach where we would be. That seemed to work better.

Boat in the water and not on a beach?........head for the ski platform and use dunk the butt method........

Ain't boating fun?

Roger

biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote