Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-07-2015, 09:45 AM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Part for 2400 sc (2003)

Folks,

I need a replacement part for my 2003 - 2400 SC.

The small hatch to the left of the door into the cuddy has a plastic lock/catch. The lip of the plastic which holds the hatch closed has broken off so I need to replace it.

Any suggestions on where I could source this?

Also, my DANFORTH compass also needs replaced. There's a lot of different styles available but does anyone know the exact one I need for my boat?

Many Thanks,
Ernie

Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:22 PM   #2
Admiral

Erine rgarding the latch I suggest you search the WEB or your local marine or hardware store for something as close as possible. You could also try great lakes skipper.

When I had to replace my compass the options were either slightly small or slightly larger than the factor installed unit. The small one was cheaper and dropped right in place while the larger one cost more and the hole needed to be enlargned. Your call.

Mike
mmwjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 12:39 PM   #3
Lt. JG

I just yesterday went to my local Bayliner parts department and picked up a part for my Maxum. You can search for the part you need on www.maxumcustomercare.com to get the part number, and give that to you dealer (should be able to cross reference) or search the web with that number.

Replaced my compass a couple years ago and had to go with a smaller one. I wanted it to set up a little higher and bought a cutting board (almost like starboard) and used that as a spacer to fill the hole and also raise it.

Good luck,
Shep
Old 02-09-2015, 01:04 PM   #4

The latch is going to be a 3rd party product. Remove the latch and look closely all over it. If there is no name, there may be a part #. Do an online search for just the part number. I had to replace a locking mechanism on a locker hatch in the cockpit. It turned out mine was made by Perko. Brunswick uses A LOT of Perko parts. This can be a pain because Perko almost never does anything within 'common' standards. The hole sizes for latches and the hole pattern for things like lights and cleats NEVER match what 3-5 other manufactures are doing. I swear they do it purposely so you're forced to buy their replacement parts.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 01:27 PM   #5
Lt. JG

Thanks everyone for the help its much appreciated!

Ernie
Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 02:45 PM   #6
Admiral

Having gone through the compass replacement ordeal myself on our 3000 Ernie, I stayed with Danforth model instead of going with Ritchie. West Marine has both brands. The Ritchie compass models are nice but don't fit your existing holes.

Your call.... make a new hole in your dash or fit in a Danforth compass.
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:54 PM   #7

Go with a Danforth compass. I replaced with a Ritchie. The PO had removed the previous compass and at the time, I wasn't aware it was a Danforth. I ended up having to remove the windshield in order to widen the hole to fit the Ritchie in place. Rd-installing the windshield glass was a huge PITA.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote