Old 09-29-2009, 10:28 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Outboard brackets?

Hi,
We (my brother and I ) have just bought a 2100sc3. This past week-end whilst out the electrics shorted and we were forced to get friends to tow us back to shore. Does anyone know of a removable transom bracket that could be attached to the swim platform ?(or elsewhere) We don't really want to start drilling the platform or hull and have a permanent fixture. It would be good just to have a small outboard should there ever be a problem whilst out at sea.

Thanks.

mooro9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:56 PM   #2

Default Re: Outboard brackets?

I've never seen one that will 'clamp' on, 'tie' on or 'strap' on. (OK, get your minds out of the gutter). Anything that requires the force of an engine will require a bolt-on application, even if it is removable. Removable, in that you can remove the outboard from the bracket. However, I would put money down that enything that involves a motor mount is going to involve drilling some holes. I've seen brackets for storing a small outboard that can be clammped to a rail, but this is for tranportation purposes and not intended for using while underway.

Check out Boat US. Membership includes towing.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote