Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-20-2014, 12:22 AM   #1
Commander

Default On The Water 2014

With a new granddaughter (#7) last October and a grandson (#8) coming next Friday we have not been able to spend as much time on the water this winter. Except for one or two times when we missed consecutive weekends for the most part we have spent every other weekend on the water.

Spent last weekend on Lake Norman and this weekend looks even better. Most of the snow was gone by Saturday, especially the south facing properties. The collapsed cover is D dock at our marina. The old roof couldn't handle the snow load last Thursday. Two years ago we were under that section but I talked the Admiral into moving out into the sun.
Attached Thumbnails
Marina.jpg   Sunset.JPG   Roof.jpg  

dronthelake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:13 AM   #2
Admiral

I love looking at something that is coming my way,meaning the boating season here in the midwest. Thanks Dave!

Went down to our marina where our boat is shrink wrapped for its storage today to make sure all the snow had melted and to plug in the extension cord to the battery charger. We have had a warm spell here for the last two days.

Having grandkids ourselves, they are not old enough, 1 and 2 years old, to really enjoy our boating weekends yet but looking forward to when that happens.

Roger

biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 11:41 AM   #3
Admiral

WOW 7 & 8, congrats Hope everyone is doing well. MD had a few covered slips collapse a few years back, took out a lot of big boats.

I should be on the water before Roger is but still too far a way for my liking

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:41 PM   #4

ARG!! I got 4 inches of snow yesterday and 10 inches the day before that. I have a total of 2.5 Ft on the ground right now. That is fine with me. I need the time to catch up on all of my project around the house. Around my house, unless it's leaking or smoking, it won't get touched between Mid April to late October.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:07 PM   #5
Admiral

Shrew ....we had rain all night and now the snow is turning dirty black. I thought I might have to scrape snow off my roof until yesterday. More rain coming today and temps in the high 40s ..melt melt melt.

Going to my first boat show, a local one, for 2014 this weekend and then next weekend is St. Louis boat show.

Think spring all you northern boaters!

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote