Old 03-21-2018, 10:56 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Newbie looking for 2300SCR specs

Hi all!

I have purchased a 2300 SCR (1991) and I am Google'ing like crazy to find the correct specs for my boat, as it does not have a manual (nor can I find a manual under documents).

I have found sites with some of the specs, but not all of them. What I am particularly looking for is the height and preferably also the clearance of the boat, so I know which bridges I can pass.

Does anyone know where to find these details? I can't seem to find the correct website stating this info, which might have to do with the fact that I am searching from The Netherlands - maybe Google is giving me different results than when I would be in the US.

Hope anyone can help me out, thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Duco

dcsmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 01:05 AM   #2
Captain

Welcome
The best way to find bridge clearance is to measure from the water line to the top of windshield or the top of the canvas.
As for the manual, they do not have a lot of info. best to find a manual on the engine and outdrive.
The rest of the boat is just learning what you can.
Also if you fill out your signature with boat, engine and drive info we can help you better.
Don

2012 South Bay Pontoon
donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 03:38 AM   #3
Lt. Commander

Best way is to measure the boat while "on" the water. Even measuring while on the trailer is not accurate. Best cast is to measure your height and know the bridge heights on your water ways. Also don't forget to check the tides during your underway adventures. I know the tides are pretty extreme in your part of the world.
MoonRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 12:46 PM   #4

Welcome aboard 'dcsmt'!!

Are you looking for 'air draft' when on the water? Or clearance height when towing?
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 04:35 PM   #5
Ensign

I have a 1993 2300SCR. I just posted on this forum a copy of the owner's manual and a copy of the parts list for this boat. The owner's manual does have some boat specs but I did not see the info you are specifically looking for.
gwhitney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 09:28 AM   #6
Ensign

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies! Guess the easiest way to measure is to bring a tape measure when we are going on a trip
Old 04-29-2018, 09:28 AM   #7
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwhitney View Post
I have a 1993 2300SCR. I just posted on this forum a copy of the owner's manual and a copy of the parts list for this boat. The owner's manual does have some boat specs but I did not see the info you are specifically looking for.
Hi gwhitney, Thanks for uploading these files! I found your posts here and here but I am not able to download the manuals. I am getting the following error:

dcsmt, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

- Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
- If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Does anyone know why I cannot download these?

[EDIT] Already understand why, "This file is in the moderation queue"

I'll wait a few days and check again!
Old 07-11-2018, 03:47 PM   #8
Ensign

hi every one,
i have the same problem.
i can not downloading the manuals of the 2300 scr.please help

superdarkforce is offline   Reply With Quote