Old 06-29-2017, 12:46 PM   #1
Ensign

Default New Maxum boat owner - Maxum 2600 SE

Hello dear Maxum Owners Club,

So recently me and my lady purchased a used Maxum 2600 SE from 2006 and we absolutely love it. Now I quickly realised that finding parts isn't all that easy, especially when you're not in the states.

Can anyone tell me if the body on the 2600 SE is comparable to some of the other Maxum versions out there? Cause some of the sites I found with parts "carpets, seats" etc. had a ton of 2700 SE, 2500 SE and so on, but not really any from 2600 SE.

Thing is the 2600 SE has a really oddly shaped cockpit table in white plastic, which was broken when we bought the boat, so I've been searching the net but can't find a new table top, so I decided to try and find the measurements of the table so that I could laser-cut one myself but no luck there either. I don't have the original one so I can't even look for manufacture marks/names, so I am completely lost on what to do here hehe.

Anyways I hope I have found the right place this time, and I've been reading a lot on these forums lately and I see there's a lot of info and help to get by simply asking :-)

Vanderkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:25 PM   #2

Welcome aboard Vanderkay!!!!

Upholstry and carpets would be done by a marine canvas and upholstry person. Don't be afraid of the word 'custom', this is how canvas and upholstry works in the marine industry. This would be like having a couch re-upholstered. This is not an 'off-the-shelf' item.

(If it sounds like I copied and pasted from a similar post today, it's because I did).

Todd typically makes the tables. They sell the base, post and table mounts. Find a post that fits your base at a height you like, then find the table mount to match the other end (usually a twist base and a 'push' top). You can buy a pre-made table to your liking (also Todd) or you can make one if you prefer.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:24 PM   #3
Ensign

Default 2600SE Cockpit Table

Vanderkay, sorry to hear about your issue. I have the same issue. I am planning to look for the same boat in my area and try to go use their table as a template. I know the broker who sold mine to me has also sold others. I'll post if I have success.

If anyone on this forum is in the Upper Chesapeake and has a 2600SE with a cockpit table on the port side, please let me know if we can connect so I can template your table.

Thanks in advance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderkay View Post
Hello dear Maxum Owners Club,

So recently me and my lady purchased a used Maxum 2600 SE from 2006 and we absolutely love it. Now I quickly realised that finding parts isn't all that easy, especially when you're not in the states.

Can anyone tell me if the body on the 2600 SE is comparable to some of the other Maxum versions out there? Cause some of the sites I found with parts "carpets, seats" etc. had a ton of 2700 SE, 2500 SE and so on, but not really any from 2600 SE.

Thing is the 2600 SE has a really oddly shaped cockpit table in white plastic, which was broken when we bought the boat, so I've been searching the net but can't find a new table top, so I decided to try and find the measurements of the table so that I could laser-cut one myself but no luck there either. I don't have the original one so I can't even look for manufacture marks/names, so I am completely lost on what to do here hehe.

Anyways I hope I have found the right place this time, and I've been reading a lot on these forums lately and I see there's a lot of info and help to get by simply asking :-)
don doherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 05:49 PM   #4
Ensign

FYI- www.matworks.com has the template for the 2600SE carpets. They are making a new set for me know. You install the snaps after the carpet arrives so they match to your specific set up.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 03:20 AM   #5
Ensign

I recently purchased a 2006’ 2600 SE my cocktail table is in perfect shape. I am near St Petersburg FL. Let me know how I can help you.
GMcFeron is offline   Reply With Quote