Old 03-05-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
Ensign

Default New Maxum boat - need advice

Hi all,

I'm going to buy new Maxum 1900SR3 2009 model with 4.3 (220HP) mercruiser. The price is 30000 Euros (I'm living on island in Mediterranean Sea and usually things here are 20% more expensive than in UK and around 40% than in US) . I like the boat inside and outside it feels really luxury and has good additional equipment installed. The only thing i'm worried is that Maxum no longer exist and I would like to ask your advise on how reasonable the price is, would it be possible to sell the boat after a couple of years and whether it will be possible to find replacement parts/equipment in case needed.

Many thanks.

blademaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:21 PM   #2

Welcome Aboard Blademaster!!!!

Maxum Boats as well Mercruiser are both made by Brunswick, along with Searay, Bayliner, Cabo, Hatteras and a large number of other brands. Brunswick is supposedly the largest boat manufacturer in the world.

The molds for the hulls and decks are typically all that is different. The basic method of manufacture and materials are the same. The Mercruiser and drive parts readily available. The misc parts are all 3rd party anyway, as they are on all boats. (e.g. Taylor Made windshields, Perko cleats and lights, Faria guages, bilge pumps, etc.)

Every part can be easily replaced. Only the fiberglass hull and deck are unique to the boat manufacturer. Unlike when your'e looking for a hood for a 68 GTO, if you have fiberglass damage, any fiberglass guy can fix it. Any merc mechanic can work on teh engine and drive. The fact that Brunswick no longer makes the line is irrelevant.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote