Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-16-2010, 06:59 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default New Here w/ some Questions

Hey new here, I am glad to see there is a following of Maxum Boats. I just got a 2000 Maxum 1900 SC, I love it so far. I am wondering if I could pick your guys brains.

1) Swim Ladder: The one it came with broke off, any idea if it is generic and I can get a replacement for it? I just called the dealership and they are going to get back to me if they can find the part. Duno if the dealer will try to sell me something very pricey.

2) Seats look like they are coming apart at the seams, any suggestions?

3) Any suggestions on a Bemini? The boat came with this camper encloser thing that snaps to the top of the wind screen. It has snap in side windows.

I know I will remember a few things are I click submit. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,

Hostage

Hostage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:52 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new boat!

I'm not familiar with what that particular ladder looks like, but you might post a pic and we can check it out. My local dealership is pretty easy to deal with, and most things don't take my breath away when quoted. If your source sounds high and you're looking for a sanity check, try Jim at Lake Union Searay in the Everett, WA store. He knows these boats pretty well it seems.

http://www.lakeunionsearay.com/conte...47&cpid=11030&

As far as seats, if you're handy I've read you can remove them yourself, take them to a local upholsterer, then re-install them yourself. I've also also seen complete seat cover kits custom cut by boat in the Overtons catalog, but have no experience with their fit. It might be another avenue.

If you're looking for a quote on a new Bimini, try calling Leta's Top Shop. She does nice work for a reasonable amount and has many of the Bayliner and Maxum patterns that were used in the factory. I've had her do work for me a few times and I continue to be impressed.

She's swamped with work this time of year, so you are likely better off calling her than using the web form.
http://www.letastopshop.com/

Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote