Old 01-24-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
Lt. Commander

Default Maxum will return next year

I just came back from the NY Boat Show where I was crawling over the Bayliner 285 and ended up talking to a local Bayliner/Maxum/Trophy dealer and was talking to him about the discontinued Maxum line. He pointed out that Maxum has not been discontinued outside of the U.S. They are very popular in Europe, so in 2010 they are still being sold overseas. The plan at US Marine is that a newly designed Maxum line will be introduced during 2011.

I'ed never met this guy before, but he seemed to be confident in what he was telling me, whether it's true or not. Just thought I'd share. Tom.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:36 PM   #2
Captain

if he tell's the truth than that's good news for everybody....maxum is one of the mos st sold boats in the last 15 years (here in europe) so it would be a pitty if it's over for ever.......

ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:19 PM   #3
Admiral

That is excellent news!!...I sure would hate to see the Maxum line die away...

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:26 AM   #4
Ensign

Default Maxum returns?

I was also at the NY Boat Show and spoke with a Bayliner dealer. He told me US Marine ditched the Maxum line for good. I hope he is wrong and you are right!
jfqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:48 AM   #5
Admiral

I contacted a mgr in LakeUnion Searay and this is their comments back to me concerning Maxum line Production.

Steve,

We are told that MAXUM will not be in production again.

With the consolidation of the boat lines and dealers it does not make sense to have three similar boat lines in one dealer. Now with that stated, GENMAR declaring bankruptcy and to date no one building and solving those dealer issues, it may make sense for Brunswick to contemplate the return to fill the void.

So to wrap this up, per Brunswick over the weekend at the boat show.
MAXUM will no longer be in production.
SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:49 PM   #6
Lt. Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyfmu View Post
I just came back from the NY Boat Show where I was crawling over the Bayliner 285 and ended up talking to a local Bayliner/Maxum/Trophy dealer and was talking to him about the discontinued Maxum line. He pointed out that Maxum has not been discontinued outside of the U.S. They are very popular in Europe, so in 2010 they are still being sold overseas. The plan at US Marine is that a newly designed Maxum line will be introduced during 2011.

I'ed never met this guy before, but he seemed to be confident in what he was telling me, whether it's true or not. Just thought I'd share. Tom.
I'm in UK .. and the dealers I have spoken to say Maxum is dead & gone.
Certainly not being sold here.

Be great if this is wrong .. but US Marine do seem to have Bayliner & Sea Ray covering the market. Maxum would just cause overlap.
Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 10:58 AM   #7
Ensign

I had a long discussion on the Boat 2010 with a Bayliner dealer and also with a Searay Dealer. Maxum is gone because Searay is more popular in Europe and they want have to Deluxe Boats so they decide to go with Searay top secment and BAyliner in the lower secment
santhos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:03 PM   #8
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by santhos View Post
I had a long discussion on the Boat 2010 with a Bayliner dealer and also with a Searay Dealer. Maxum is gone because Searay is more popular in Europe and they want have to Deluxe Boats so they decide to go with Searay top secment and BAyliner in the lower secment
you know what the fun is and that brunswick forgets......if you dont want the bayliner because it's too much build of with plastic acc, and you can't pay an very expensive rvs shining sea ray,... untill last year you could end up with a maxum......now you have to go to other brands...stingray, larson, monterey, glastron, viper etc...and they have seen it very well,... they can offer you cheap and also middle range priced boats....so its a loss for the brunswick company...and to me.....no clever thinking....

greatz, ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:40 PM   #9
Lt. Commander

It's good old Pareto Analysis .... typically 80% of your business comes form 20% of your products, so when things get tight, cull the 80% and focus on where the profit comes form.

It's a bitch to you & me, but a fact of business life .........

The next question is whether they will raise the standards of 'BinLiner' range, or sell the moulds on to someone who will carry on the hulls under another brand.

Argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote