Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-23-2017, 11:06 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Maxum spare parts in or near Fort Lauderdale

Hey people - I'm comming to Fort Lauderdale from Europe in January and I would like to go shopping spare parts for my Maxum when I'm there. Can anyone of you tell me where I, within a reasonable distance find the shop with the largest selection of such spare parts?
Thanks in advance!
Michael

DanMaxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 03:28 AM   #2
Admiral

Maxum line was shut down in 2009 so no Maxum spefic parts are availavble. Engine and drive parts are mercruiser and can be bought at any dealer or on line. Other parts are third party such as todd industries, Perko, ...

What model do you have and what types of parts are you interested in?

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 10:21 AM   #3
Ensign

I'm painfully aware of the lack of genuine Maxum spare parts - I've had the boat for more than 11 years and I'm still loving it.
But thank you Mike for pointing out that I wasn't very specific in my first post.
Actually, it isn't anything specific that I'm looking for - I just want to spend some time strolling around in a shop with a wide range of boat spare parts that I might need, or know that I will need in the near future.
Boat spare parts are much cheaper in the US than over here in Europe, and it's always nice to be inspired when checking out shelves of spare parts.
By the way - it is a 2900 SCR from 2001.
Best regards
Michael
DanMaxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 11:35 AM   #4
Admiral

Being in Maryland I cannot help with what shops are in Fort Laurendale but I would look for typical maintenance items such as impeller kits , props, and other boat things that you have had to replace. Maybe get Led lights to replace the old fixtures. You did not say what engine you have or how old the exhaust is but you may want to buy new exhaust and have it shipped home.

Good luck and enjoy the trip.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2017, 12:03 PM   #5
Captain

There were a large number of boats damaged in that area during this year's hurricane season. Hundred of swamped and grounded boats in Key West. There may be a parts market as result. You may want to contact some Marinas in the area and ask.
jrsick is offline   Reply With Quote