Old 02-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #1
Lieutenant

Default MAXUM laser cut logo

Does anyone happen to have a high definition photograph of the Maxum logo? I work in a metal fab shop and we just bought a new 4000watt laser cutter and i thought it would be cool to cut one out to see how it looks out of aluminum. I am the engineering manager for my company and I do all the drawings also. I mainly work with Solidworks and AutoCad and then use a program to convert them to something the machine will understand. Anyway, I have my first prototype being cut as we speak but I would love to find a better image than what I have.

Joe

jrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:19 PM   #2

Funny that you mention it. The admniral is a graphic designer and she currently has a high res grsphic. She can convert it to .DWG or .DXF which should import directly to Auto-Cad. She currently has it in .AI (Adobe Illustrator CS5). Let me know the format you need it in and I can push a copy over to you. The dimensions on the current graphic are about 22" x 4".

Let me know exactly what you're looking for and she can more than likley work up what you need.

Any chance of a little quid pro-quo? If so, we can take that part offline though Private Messenging.

Steve

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #3

BTW- Are you looking for the word "MAXUM" or are you talking about the actual Maxum logo, which is the oval with the "M" in it? she currently has the actual logo, but can work up the word "MAXUM" as well, if that is what you prefer. Technically, she could do anything you wanted. (Well, that's not entirely true as she rarely does what I want her to do, but as far as graphics go, your imagination is the limit).
Old 02-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #4
Lieutenant

I am looking for the actual Maxum Logo but would be tempted to try the letters too. I can use either dwg or dxf, I would prefer dwg though. I am not sure how this will turn out but I am willing to try it. I don't really "need" this for anything in particular just interested to try it out. A year or two ago I laser cut my last name out of some 18ga polished stainless to attach to my trailer and it turned out pretty good so I thought I would try this...
Old 02-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #5
Lieutenant

See attached PDF. This is what I cut out of 1/8" aluminum. I looks ok but I am thinking it shouldn't have been so elongated. Instead, I would like it to be like the emblem on the top left hand corner of our forum web page.. What do you guys think?

Joe
Attached Files
File Type: pdf MAXUM Model.pdf (30.4 KB, 78 views)
Old 02-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #6

Ya, the aspect ratio looks a tiny bit wonky on that one. I can have her format the file for DWG. The image should be hi res and the aspect ratio will be correct. I'll also see what we can do about the word in letters, it should be be very hard. She creates custom logos and fonts all the time.

Disclosure to ALL: In an acknowledgement and compliance with forum rules, please note that we are NOT in the custom graphics business and, to my knowledge, neither parties are selling any goods and services on this forum.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:31 PM   #7
Lieutenant

yea, Shrew, you were right. It cut out nicely but it appears way too elongated. The other issue is I had to add some tabs to keep the center part from falling out... I will have to see what your wife comes up with...
Old 02-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #8

I have a file. It's a bit large for E-mail. I had the admiral review yours. She seems to think the ratio is correct. The issue with your 'tabs' is because you're looking at it from the wrong perspective. Cut out the negative, not the positive. Think of it like a 3D design. Cut the negative, so it's one big piece, then cut the oval as a solid, then lay the cut piece ontop of the oval. You're trying to cut it as a single piece and the center is now floating. Does this make sense?
Old 02-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #9
Lieutenant

Yea, I know what you are talking about. I fight this all the time when trying to do lettering for people. I usually try an put tabs in because trying to space out the inside cutout is hard. See attached of negative.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf inverse.pdf (23.7 KB, 42 views)
Old 02-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #10
Lieutenant

shrew, I pm'ed you...
Old 02-25-2012, 12:21 AM   #11
Lieutenant

I was able to cut my prototype today. what do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
20120224_110512 (2).jpg  
Old 02-25-2012, 04:36 AM   #12
MCM
Lieutenant

Sweet!

"Aurora" 1996 Maxum 3200 SCR - Poulsbo, WA
MCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 01:24 PM   #13
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

That is pretty cool.
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #14
Lt. Commander

That is the dogs danglies!!
Warpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #15
Commander

I want one...... interested in selling some?
Huddo007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #16
Lieutenant

Shrew, I tried to send you a pm but it says your full...