Old 12-23-2006, 07:59 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Maxum 3100se Battery configuration

Hi does anyone know where i can find out what the configuration of my battery switches should be. my boat has a genset and air and came with 3 batteries installed according to the book the top switch is for engines and the bottom for house this was exactly how my previous 3100 worked and both would allow you to paralell the batteries. On my new boat the port engine will not turn over unless the bottom switch is on both i have referred this back to my dealer who advises it is correct but cannot explain why the engine is wired into the house switch according to the book.

many thanks

benoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 01:20 AM   #2
Admiral

Default welcome to the zoo

welcome to the zoo....hopefully we can get more people involved here and make it a successful website...

as far as the diagram for your dc circuit...I'd probably contact maxum directly...but if your having to parallel your batt's to start one engine..then your experiencing some added resistance probably thru corrosion...I'd check all connections from the starter to the batt...thru the switch too.....the added punch of the second battery to start the engine is a real clue as too what is going on....hope this helps....

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 06:46 AM   #3
Ensign

Hi this is a brand new boat only has 2 hours on the clock
benoo is offline   Reply With Quote