Old 08-13-2018, 05:54 PM   #1
Ensign

Default Ladder Replacement for 2000 Maxum 2100SC

Hi all,
Great forum.
I've searched around and not found any OEM equipment for my ladder replacement (lost in the lake).
Maxum lists as #78666 and cross reference Bayliner #1716137.
I called Windline and all the dealers I could find and all say those parts are no longer available.
I see several threads on here about people looking for replacements but no specifics listed if they ever found something.

Any help pointing to a ladder that could fit the original pocket would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Andrew

Azcalor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 08:38 PM   #2
Admiral

Since Windline provided the originals I would work with them to find a replacement that will work.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 01:22 PM   #3

https://www.windline.com/
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:43 PM   #4
Ensign

Thanks, I called Windline yesterday, they asked around in their office and and looked on their site, they are not able to get the original part or recommend anything that will work. They suggested Ebay. I looked there too before posting here.
Looking for someone that may have found a working part # or conversion option.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:55 PM   #5

You found the part number. If Windline says it there is no longer any available and there is no replacement, short of the bayliner cross-reference, then I think you've taken this to the end of the road.

At this point I wouldn't focus on the old part number and just look at anything that will work. You might have to get 'close enough' and then MAKE it work.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:49 PM   #6
Ensign

Exactly, I have given up on finding an original part, I was hoping someone else had found a "close enough" part that might work for me. I've looked around on the web and not finding a lot that looks like it would fit.
If no one has solved it in the past, I may just go with an under-mount, but don't want to do that unless I have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
You found the part number. If Windline says it there is no longer any available and there is no replacement, short of the bayliner cross-reference, then I think you've taken this to the end of the road.

At this point I wouldn't focus on the old part number and just look at anything that will work. You might have to get 'close enough' and then MAKE it work.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:34 PM   #7

What kind of ladder is it? Telescoping? Did it sit above the swim platform, below the swimplatform or did it slide into a pocket? A picture of the space where it belongs would be helpful.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:20 PM   #8
Captain

I'd suggest going back to Windline and nicely reminding them that they provided a lifetime warranty and need to supply you with the failed part or replace the entire unit. They are good people, but maybe didn't think about how to solve your issue (bad ladder) vs just trying to replace a part.

I needed to replace the "C" shaped retainers on my telescoping ladder twice and discussed what would be the solution if they didn't have them (boat is a 1999). They offered to replace the ladder if the parts weren't available. Wouldn't hurt to suggest that to the to resolve your issue.

John
jparsons121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 01:46 PM   #9

OP states the ladder was lost in the lake. I'm not sure whether that constitutes a warranty claim. If the bolts or mounting surface failed, it wouldn't be a failure of the ladder. Lack of damaged product will be tough to submit for a warranty claim.

Tags
ladder