Old 08-22-2017, 01:08 AM   #1
Admiral

Default kitchen faucet

Slowly getting my to do list done. Next....my kitchen faucet
Is dripping. Do these have washer that can be replaced or is it a complete gut job?

Roger

biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:54 PM   #2

The labor is less for a replacement, than it is to repair. I acknowledge that it is much cheaper to repair. Now might be a good time to consider whether features will drive your decision.

On my Maxum the galley faucet had a separate hot and cold knob on the mixing valve. The faucet was mounted sideways, so the hot knob while technically left forced you to reach around essentially 'behind' the faucet to turn of the hot side. Plus, to turn off the water, you had to turn off both knobs. This forced you to take time to readjust the flow to get the write temp each time. I wash dishes like a military shower, so this was really cumbersome to me. I would have preferred a single lever mixing valve that I could mount on the right side of the faucet, making it inboard rather than outboard. (Maybe yours isn't like that).

Maybe a spray option, or a removable head to use like a handheld sprayer. I just replaced my galley faucet with exactly what I'm describing. Just a thought.

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:43 PM   #3
Admiral

Thanks Shrew.....I've replaced the washers before and it would be easy to get to. A new faucet would be a c note but hopefully two washers ...a couple bucks and some time.

Roger
Old 08-22-2017, 06:01 PM   #4
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggerseagar View Post
Thanks Shrew.....I've replaced the washers before and it would be easy to get to. A new faucet would be a c note but hopefully two washers ...a couple bucks and some time.

Roger

Ok Roger I'm confused. Above you said that you have replaced the washers before but in post 1 you are asking if the faucet has washers. What gives?

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:06 PM   #5
Admiral

My bad Mike.....in my bathroom and kitchen in my home I have and should of said but never in a marine faucet. That's why I was asking if these marine faucets have the same setup? I'm getting a few drops so right now I just turn the pump off and that takes care of the drips for now

That is what gives my friend! Lol

Roger
Old 08-22-2017, 07:43 PM   #6
Lieutenant

What kind and manufacturer? Many including Moen and Price Fister have lifetime warrantys. Get their phone # and text them a pic and they typically will ID it and send the rebuild kit or replace if outdated. On single lever Moen as on mine, just replaced the O-ring and seat. No more leak. Ace also has the kits and its real easy to fix. Be sure to get the special tool for the single lever ball head.
dannyrayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:47 PM   #7
Admiral

I'm pretty sure the hot and cold handle faucet is neither brand. So I hope I can fix the insides and be done with it. But thanks for the info!

Roger
Old 08-22-2017, 09:27 PM   #8
Admiral

Quote:
My bad Mike.....in my bathroom and kitchen in my home I have and should of said but never in a marine faucet. That's why I was asking if these marine faucets have the same setup? I'm getting a few drops so right now I just turn the pump off and that takes care of the drips for now

That is what gives my friend! Lol

Roger
Yep I figured that's what you were saying but could not resist poking.

My faucet is made by Grohe and looks identical to what shrew described. According to the manual I have it has a ceramic cartridge part number 45 625 for the right hand side and 45 626 for the left hand side.

Remove the handles and the cartridge unscrews. The handles look like they are pressed onto a knurled mount.

Mike
Old 08-22-2017, 09:40 PM   #9
Lt. JG

I just fixed my head faucet. It's a whale took it apart and found rubber washer missing. Went to hardware store and matched it up and no more drips. 22 cents they wanted 30 bucks on line for a rebuild kit.
dave4boats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 10:39 PM   #10
Admiral

I think I have a scandvik classic and so far I have found no parts or schematics for them but for around $80.00 I can buy a new one.

Roger
Old 08-23-2017, 01:50 AM   #11
Admiral

Quote:
I think I have a scandvik classic and so far I have found no parts or schematics for them but for around $80.00 I can buy a new one.

Roger
Probably would cost close to that for two cartridges being marine.

Mike

« rpm | Anchor roller »