Old 04-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Kicker motor on a 2300/2400 SC

Has anyone mounted a "get-home kicker" on their swim platform? If so, what hp and shaft length?
Ive decided I want the peace of mind of having a small motor just for those unexpected times, and maybe even for the odd troll. I'm leaning towards a 6 or 8 hp but having probs visualizing how to mount it.

majbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #2
Commander

I have a 2400 scr and I will do the same .I have heard a 15hp is a must to deal with any wind (long shaft).Look on line for mounts on swim platform simple to build.

cunuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #3
Lt. JG

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunuck View Post
I have a 2400 scr and I will do the same .I have heard a 15hp is a must to deal with any wind (long shaft).Look on line for mounts on swim platform simple to build.
Wow! I think we have the same hulls, just different years. After extensive forum searching and the like, I was going to settle on an 8hp or possibly even a 6hp. Ive observed on many boards that anything over a 9.9 is added weight ( of course, this is for different boats which is why I came here wondering if anyone with the same boat had experience).
I think the SC and SCR are considerably different in design such that a 15 hp may be warranted on your boat.

As far as mounts go, it's easier said than done. Due to the vertical profile of my swim platform, I dont see how I can mount this easily with whats available. Need some ideas.
majbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:55 PM   #4

That boat is not so big that it will venture out of the range of Seatow or BoatUS. Otherwise, either you integrate it into the existing fuel tank and steering system, or you're out on the swim platfrom trying to drive you boat in a location where you can't see.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 10:21 AM   #5
Ensign

I know it's a way back but did you ever fit the kicker?
Bazil is offline   Reply With Quote