Old 10-22-2018, 10:48 AM   #1
Ensign

Default Just purchased 03 scr 2500

Hi, I’m new to Maxum boats. And new to the forum. I winterized my SCR today. I haven’t used the head since I bought it. Boat is out of the water on trailer. Now. When I push button to flush. Nothing happens. I’m only on the primary battery. Secondary won’t hold charge. Do I need both to operate head? Holding tank could be full, where is the level indicator? What am I missing? Any help is greatly appreciated

twin533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:29 AM   #2
Admiral

Welcome Aboard

Since you said push the button I am assuming it's either an electric flush or vac flush. Does the fresh water tank have water or antifreeze in it? There is no factory indicator on the holding tank just a visual by looking at the tank.

If you are winterizing it the holding tank should be emptied as well as the fresh water tank and antifreeze ran through both systems.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:45 AM   #3
Ensign

Yes it’s electric but not sure if it’s vacuflush or not. The water pickup is fresh water from under boat but it’s on trailer. Right now I do have antifreeze in fresh water tank but to my knowledge it’s not plumbed there. I’m curious if I’m overlooking a simple circuit safety that would make the button not work. (Full tank, no water detected, blown fuse, valve closed, specific switch or breaker not on, both batteries needed, etc). Currently my second battery is not holding a charge but if I’m on shore power with battery charger on. It should compensate for that....no?
Old 10-22-2018, 12:08 PM   #4
Captain

If an electric head was installed, it should have a fuse or breaker in the power lead. On aftermarket installations, this power wire is fairly hefty gauge, so most installers would run this wire directly back to the battery and use an in-line fuse close to the battery.

No safety mechanism, but a low battery issue isn't helping to isolate the issue.
jparsons121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:53 PM   #5
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin533 View Post
Yes it’s electric but not sure if it’s vacuflush or not. The water pickup is fresh water from under boat but it’s on trailer. Right now I do have antifreeze in fresh water tank but to my knowledge it’s not plumbed there. I’m curious if I’m overlooking a simple circuit safety that would make the button not work. (Full tank, no water detected, blown fuse, valve closed, specific switch or breaker not on, both batteries needed, etc). Currently my second battery is not holding a charge but if I’m on shore power with battery charger on. It should compensate for that....no?
If the water source is from a thru hull under the boat then it's an electric flush that uses raw water; if on the trailer there is no water to draw from and it won't function.

Mike
Old 10-22-2018, 02:06 PM   #6
Ensign

That’s what I was hoping. Ok but the button would not activate a pump or make noise either? Essentially just gurgle or move air? Thank you for answering so many silly questions
Old 10-22-2018, 02:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin533 View Post
Yes it’s electric but not sure if it’s vacuflush or not. The water pickup is fresh water from under boat but it’s on trailer.
A Vacaflush has a foot pedal and flushes like an airplane. Electric Flush has a button. There are electric flush that use freshwater from the tank, however most use raw water.

Is the pump for the dead running and not flushing water? Or is the pump not running at all. You can pull the intake hose from the seacock, install a hose connector (male-male), then an extension of hose that goes into a bucket. Fill the bucket with marine/RV antifreeze (propylene glycol) and start flushing. Turn-on your battery charger while to do it.

NOTE:

Raw Water: Drawn from a through-hull using the water the boat is floating in. (regardless of whether the body of water is freshwater or saltwater).

Fresh Water: Drawn from the freshwater tanks.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 12:29 AM   #8
Admiral

Ok so it sounds like the pump does not run. Not sure where the fuse is but I would start there. Next verify power at the switch then the pump motor. Sometimes these pump freeze up, stuck impeller.

Mike
Old 10-23-2018, 11:35 AM   #9
Ensign

I put a gallon of antifreeze in and then shopvac’d it out. A water bottle cap and something else came up with that. I shut all power and try feeling around but it’s too narrow to feel anything. Next I’ll try testing power as you suggested and then report back
Old 10-23-2018, 02:25 PM   #10

Is the pump running and just not flushing?

Is the pump not running at all?

Pouring in AF and vacuuming in out will not winterize the system.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:37 PM   #11
Ensign

Not running at all. I just used the A/F to help the vac grab something. Figured using water would be problematic if I can’t get it all out.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:18 PM   #12

There should be a fuse for it. You could theoretically put 12V (inline fuse) directly to the pump leads and verify if it is the circuit or the pump itself. I've used a small battery and some leads with an inline fuse and alligator clips.

Tags
head issues