Old 01-24-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
Lieutenant

Default Igloo Cooler Help

Spring is about 3 months off for me but I want to be prepared. I have a Maxum 2100sc3 and when I purchased it the removable Igloo cooler was missing. I'm going to try and post a picture of the cut out made for it under the sink and would love to find out what cooler fits into that space. I think it's an Igloo Marine 25 but am not positive. Someone here must still have theirs if they could let me know.

Last year I carried on an old rubbermaid one, it slid on the floor so I wedged it near the aft step. I came off the swim platform all wet from a swim, stepped onto the bare floor and skidded my toes into and inder the wedged cooler breaking two toes and tearing two tendons from the bone. Just want this year to start off with a stowed cooler in it's place. Thanks, Dave
Attached Thumbnails
cooler hole.jpg  

Smithbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 03:19 PM   #2
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithbrother View Post
I came off the swim platform all wet from a swim, stepped onto the bare floor and skidded my toes into and inder the wedged cooler breaking two toes and tearing two tendons from the bone.
First off - OUCH, that had to hurt.

Second - it probably is the Marine 25. When we bought our 2004 2400 SC3 it was also missing the cooler so I ordered one from a dealer. Stupidly expensive for a cooler but I wanted the correct one.

I think you can order it direct from Igloo.

Dan

ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:08 PM   #3
Admiral

Before you pay the top dollar retail price for your igloo go to Walmart.com or amazon.com and check the prices. We had to buy a new one for our 3000SCR and picked one up from walmart.

Much much much cheaper than igloo and it is the same thing........so save yourself some hard earn money!

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:10 AM   #4
Lieutenant

Thanks to you both. I know Igloo is owned by Bruinswick who I believe built Maxums and SeaRays and also noticed there is a notch on the inside of the well that I think mates with the cooler to keep it in there. Not sure if other brands would have that. Anyway I'll search online, take some more measurements and see if I can get a good price.
Dave
Old 01-26-2011, 03:13 AM   #5
Admiral

Yeah Dave stay with igloo, a good brand and as Dan said they have numbers like marine 25 and so forth in hunting for your size that fits your boat.

Good luck and happy shopping !

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:42 PM   #6
Admiral

Dave,

Mine is the Marine 25.

However, from your picture it appears that the opening for yours is molded in such a way as to capture the sides of a cooler carry handle in order to keep the cooler in place. Mine has no such molding and instead relys on 4 simple L shaped blocks screwed to the bottom of the opening which captures the bottom 4 corners of the cooler, and a bungy across the top.

Indeed, the Igloo Marine 25 doesn't even have a carry handle.

You may have to beat the bushes to fine someone with the same boat as yours and who still has the correct cooler.

Regards,

Dan
Old 01-27-2011, 03:37 PM   #7

Smithbrother,

what is the year of your 2100 sc3? That might help in the search some. First I'd try here:

http://www.maxumcustomercare.com/catalogs_index.html

See if they have your year and model and see if they list the part. If not, try to call US Marine customer service directly and see if they can give you any info:

360-435-8957 or email them at boathelp@usmboats.com

I hope that helps out. Let us know what you come up with.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:35 AM   #8
Lieutenant

Shrew I have a 2008 and you turned me on to something great!! I checked out the maxum customer care link and they confirmed that it's a 25 Quart cooler. I have never seen that part page before because everytime I try to go to that site they kick me over to Bayliner. The only question I have now is how long will we be able to get parts and how long will the customer service be up and running!!

Thanks
Dave
Old 01-31-2011, 03:40 AM   #9
Admiral

customer service is guaranteed by USBoats....between your mercruiser warranty and US boats...it shouldn't be a problem getting warranty items taken care of...as for any other parts....they can be had at any westmarine or other boat shop....maxum used quite common parts...however if you do have problems getting parts..I know of a guy that can get any part you might need...he's been awesome at getting parts for myself and others on this site..

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #10
Lieutenant

Thanks SP and Dan for the earlier post! I will keep all that in mind and reach out if I'm in need. Funny thing. Tonight I was just hopping around the internet and found a guy that posted a ton of pictures of the same year boat and the same color!! He was getting it out of winter storage and I saw that my Bimini can be tucked away somehow behind the seats and the engine compartment, and that there may be an additional hatch to get my batteries back in easier. When the guy installed them he went thru the engine compartment and it took him forever. Looking at these photos I think I can pull up a seat on the aft port side, unscrew a cover and get right in there!! My boat is under 6 feet of snow and ice right now but I'm dying to check it out. You can see his pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/o.tinnemann/Maxum2100sc3# It might help someone else!
Dave
Old 02-01-2011, 02:22 PM   #11
Admiral

Quite welcome Dave.

Olaf has some great photos of his (and your) 2100 SC3 - which is a slightly smaller version of my 2400 SC3. For the way Becky and I use ours it's just a great little boat.

Couldn't quite tell where the batteries on the 2100 are kept, but I do know they were nothing less than a bitch to get to on mine - which is why I relocated them last spring. Also couldn't see any way to store the folded bimini behind the seat, and I know I can't do that on mine.

Was just down at my boat this past weekend - pushing all the snow and ice off of the (full) cover. Definately looking forward to Spring!

Dan