Old 09-22-2009, 12:13 PM   #1
Commander

Default hull cleaner

I pulled the boat from the lake for a cleaning I have this yellow line the length of the boat that the standard hull cleaners don't work . any cleaners that might ????? .thanks

cunuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
Admiral

Default Re: hull cleaner

go to west marine and get some muriatic acid...stick it in a bucket of water...and delute according to directions...some may delute...some doesn't ...use a brush to apply...depending on the brush...you may end up throwing it away....but use it according to directions...rinse afterwards and then wax....works great and I've used it on my boat to keep it looking new..

sp irate:

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:02 PM   #3
Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapuppy
go to west marine and get some muriatic acid...stick it in a bucket of water...and delute according to directions...some may delute...some doesn't ...use a brush to apply...depending on the brush...you may end up throwing it away....but use it according to directions...rinse afterwards and then wax....works great and I've used it on my boat to keep it looking new..

sp irate:
I've done this myself from seapuppy's recommendation and it works brilliantly. I spent quite a bit of money on products that didn't do a thing. The muriatic acid takes the yellow off with a single wipe. I used full strength...be careful not to breath it in too many times (it's hard not to) and also if you are doing this on boat that is on a trailer, cover the trailer areas that the acid may drip on. I had a few drops fall on my galvanized trailer and it takes the galvanization off. Don't forget to put a coat of wax on!
racer2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:31 AM   #4
Ensign

I just bought my boat 2 months ago, I had to leave in the water until I found a trailer. I trailered the boat home and had the same yellowish brown line down the hull. I bought the Attwood hull cleaner from walmart- worked great. I put it in spray bottle; sprayed on and rinsed off with a water hose after a few minutes. Made the hull look new again. I repeated in certain areas if needed. The fumes are a little harsh so make sure you are in a ventilated area. I am new to boating but this cleaner worked for me.
caleb is offline   Reply With Quote