Old 04-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #1
Ensign

Unhappy How to make canvas cover fit. Should I give up?

Hi!

I have a 2006 SE that I got last summer. Last weekend was the first time I tried to put the camper cover on. I read some blogs and I let the windows warm up in the sun prior to doing it which I think helped a bit. But we absolutely cannot get the front winshield to meet the snaps. There is a good 3 - 4 inches from the cover to the snaps on the shield. Is there something I am missing? Should this be done in some sort of order? Are the bimini tops not supposed to be totally open until the end?

There are some other zippers that dont quite reach each other but nothing like the front.

Can someone help!!!

Thanks!

Al

Nice & Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:47 PM   #2

Welcome aboard Nice & Easy!!!! In boating, about the only thing 'nice & easy' will be the name. LOL

Yes, it helps when everything is warmed up and stretched out. Here is what I do.

1) Put the canvas on the frame

2) Install the frame to the boat. This is basically where the 'legs' of the fram connect to the boat

3) hang the Isiglass curtains off Bimini Top. Leave all the zippers that connect the Isinglass panels unzipped.

4) Loosen all the connectors on the bimini so everything is LOOSE.

5) Connect all the Isinglass panels to the boat. It helps to work from the center out to the ends. Skip those that can't get for now

6) Tighten the Bimini Top until everything is right and tighten the connectors.

7) Now zip the Isinglass panels together.

It will continue to heat up once it is up and as the season progresses will relax and stretch. Go back periodically and you'll eventually be able to get the snaps you couldn't before. You can stretch it some, but don't force it too much. It will eventuallyall come together. periodically check and tighten the Bimini frame for the first couple of times as well.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote