Old 09-12-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
Ensign

Default How to empty 2300SC fresh water tank?

Hi!
This is my firsth post to this forum. I have own Maxum 2300SC year 2000 for few week now, and i have prepaired it for winter.

How i can empty fresh water tank, i have but pump on and opened water tap, but there is still water in pump and tank and they don't come away with that style.

what is right way to empty it?

Sorry about my English, it's not my native language. but hopefully you understant what i mean.

Timppa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:42 PM   #2
Admiral

tim..welcome to the zoo...first off ...don't worry bout your english...if we don't get it...we'll bug you till we do...2nd...if you have pumped it out of the faucets then you will still have some residual water in the pump and lines...the thing to do is to look at the pump...just inside the clear screen there is a lever you can wedge back with the blade of a screwdriver...pop the lever back and the filter will pop completely off...gently remove the screen off and it will begin to drain what is left....or...the other thing to do is get some of that pink rv antifreeze and pour about a gal of it into the water tank...run thru the lines..and your done....pour about a gal of it into the head and run that thru to the san tank...done....

hope this helps..

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 10:36 PM   #3
Lt. JG

I have the identical boat as you , please feel free to ask any questions you may have as I have worked out what I think has been the last of the bugs the boat came with . Keith
keith2300SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 01:32 PM   #4

As SP stated, you can drain the lines and pump, or plush the entire system with Propylene Glycol (The pink Stuff. DO NOT put an other color in the freshwater system). Personally, I drain the water tank using the pump and faucet as you described, however this leaves a tiny bit of water in the tank, the water lines, the pump and the hot water heater. You can drain the hot water heater. If you decide to fill the water tank with propylene glycol, then unless you have a hotwater bypass system, or manually bypass the hotwater heater, it is going to be filled with the propylene glycol from the water tank. The hot water heater is probablyl 5 gallons. This means you need to fill the water tank wiith enough (pink stuff) to fill the hot water heater and the entire length of both the hot and cold water lines. I usually use about 2 cases of the pink stuff to flush teh entire system. Then turn on every tap one by one until all are pouring pure pink antifreeze. If you bypass the hotwater heater, then it will take much less, but you'll still need to remember to drain the hot water heater and pour a littel bit of pink Antifreeze into the hot water heater to displace any remaining water. Then make sure to leave the taps and the hot water heater open.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 02:56 PM   #5
Ensign

About that propylen glygol. i have read that it's supposed to be non toxic,but still is it safe to but it in water tank? i don't think that i ever drink water from tank, so meaby i go with that glygol.
hey keith,because you have similar boat that i have,do you know where is original storage places for table,table legs and for those two extension parts what is needed when you change galley to bed?or where you store them? just wondering if they have some designed place or do i just but them somehere.it's just isn't so pretty if they are lying all around.table plate was behind toilet when i bought it,but everything else was just lying all around.
Timppa83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:08 PM   #6
Captain

hai timp....

we only use the water in the tank of our 2400 sc3 only for dishwash or a short shower......for drinking water we use bottles of water from the super market......so for the winter we empty the tank and just put some anti freeze in the tank and let the pump on for a moment.....next year pump the anti freeze out and clean the tank with fresh water and fill it when we leave for the first time....but not for drinking water....

greatz, ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:02 PM   #7

Absolutely ONLY use the pink stuff. Any of the colors with a lower temp. rating for freezing, such as the purple stuff, also contain anti-corrosives and should only be used on engines, generators and A/C units. They make a cleaner that can be used during commissioning in the spring to clean out the tank and lines. I've never used it. I flush mine 3-4 times every spring during commissioning. I fill the tank with water, then purge the system (open the taps until the tank empties), then refill and repeat 3-4 times. Flushing this way should be fine from a health perspective, though I would expect a funky taste. Like Ed, I carry botled water for drinking. About the only use I have for the water tank is hand washing, washing dishes, rinsing off salt water after a swim, and brushing our teeth (which seems fine to me, but then again can anything overpower toothpaste?)
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:11 PM   #8
Admiral

one of the easiest thing to do is to take about a pt of white vinegar and pour it thru the system and fill the tank with fresh water......let it sit in the tank over nite....drain..fill and your done..the white vinegar will take all the taste and smells out of the tank...

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:37 AM   #9
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapuppy View Post
one of the easiest thing to do is to take about a pt of white vinegar and pour it thru the system and fill the tank with fresh water......let it sit in the tank over nite....drain..fill and your done..the white vinegar will take all the taste and smells out of the tank...

SP
learned something again........your so good SP.......

greatz, ed

ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote