Old 12-10-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
Ensign

Default hole shot power on my new 2000sr with 4.3

ive got a 2000sr3 with a 4.3l motor ..i put a new tower, and im going from a 14.25 21'' r blade to a 4 blade aluminum prop 18'' with a shark finjust installed...
will i have any problems getting up on my wakeboard???? im 200lb the motors 220 horse and im experienced wakeboarder...
the reason i put the new blade and fin is listening to you guys here..and the issues you all seem to be having...maybe i should have tried the 3 blade 21'' that came stock with it ...but upon testing the boat out before buying it i did notice slow out the hole...

kraftr08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:33 PM   #2
Admiral

Default Re: hole shot power on my new 2000sr with 4.3

well..there's a couple of things to think about here...one is what is the WOT of the boat with the new prop....if your bogging down or slow to plane ..then a shallower prop is needed...ie...from a 21" pitch to a 19" pitched prop....if your boating in area's where there is alot of debri or deadheads..then stick with an al. prop...they flex more than a stainless steel prop...but they won't transfer the impact to the drive as much as a ss prop will...
the SS prop won't give any and flex less..but will provide better thrust....so...the 2 schools of thought is to either drop an inch or two in pitch to increase time to plane...or sw. to a SS prop of about the same pitch...

welcome to the zoo...

SP :hello:

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #3
Captain

on one off my older boats wich i used for waterskiing i placed a high five prop. the boat jumped quicker out off the water, top speed was almost the same.

succes with your choice....ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:19 AM   #4
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed & inge
on one off my older boats wich i used for waterskiing i placed a high five prop. the boat jumped quicker out off the water, top speed was almost the same.

succes with your choice....ed
Thank you for your input n time...the blase i had was a 3 blade 21''.... new will be a 4 blade 18'' ill let u know the diff ty
Old 12-11-2009, 03:23 AM   #5
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapuppy
well..there's a couple of things to think about here...one is what is the WOT of the boat with the new prop....if your bogging down or slow to plane ..then a shallower prop is needed...ie...from a 21" pitch to a 19" pitched prop....if your boating in area's where there is alot of debri or deadheads..then stick with an al. prop...they flex more than a stainless steel prop...but they won't transfer the impact to the drive as much as a ss prop will...
the SS prop won't give any and flex less..but will provide better thrust....so...the 2 schools of thought is to either drop an inch or two in pitch to increase time to plane...or sw. to a SS prop of about the same pitch...

welcome to the zoo...

SP :hello:
ty.... im in such diff waters here in so cal..but usually long beach ...salt...some lakes too havasu etc....ill let u know the diff from the 3blade 21'' to the 4 blade 18'' with the shark fin....should be good ...i hope .... :P most of the time its a combo of wakeboarding and family cruising...cant wait for the weather to warm up ty
Old 12-11-2009, 07:03 AM   #6
Captain

in the first time i also used a prop with sharke fins, although the end speed was higher i prevered a quicker jump out of the water with 1 or 2 people behind the boat...

keep us informed when the water is on temp...... :P :P :P
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:18 PM   #7
Lt. Commander

One question that has not been asked is what drive ratio do you have. It is stamped on the side of the drive. It will be 1.47: or 1.62:1. This makes a big difference in what prop will work. I have an Enertia 17p that really works well on my 2000 Sr3 with a 5.0L with a 1.47:1 ratio. My old boat was a 2000 sr with a 4.3 with a ration of 1.62:1 on this boat a 18p Rev 4 was a great choice but too much for my new boat.