Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-14-2010, 03:46 PM   #1
Ensign

Default help with radio issue

Hi All,
Just got a 2001 2100sr last week. Real nice shape. Only issue so far is that the radio doesn't work...

It has a alpine CD/FM player with 2 speakers. The player turns on fine and looks like it is fully functional. But, no sound coming out of speakers? Could there be a blown fuse? And if so where is this fuse located so I can check/replace it?

Thanks!

cavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:23 PM   #2
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan View Post
Hi All,
Just got a 2001 2100sr last week. Real nice shape. Only issue so far is that the radio doesn't work...

It has a alpine CD/FM player with 2 speakers. The player turns on fine and looks like it is fully functional. But, no sound coming out of speakers? Could there be a blown fuse? And if so where is this fuse located so I can check/replace it?

Thanks!
... also horn is not working so this maybe another fuse issue? Is this a common issue, and do maxum 2100s come standard with a horn. I dont seem to see one for some reason, maybe I am not looking in the right spot

cavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:49 AM   #3
Commander

cavsfan, get a good look at your fuse block. I had starting problems that I traced back to the fuse block. My 2000 1900SR had spent some time near/in salt water and the entire fuse block was all corroded. Personally, the OEM one looked pretty cheap at best. Replaced it with a quality Blue Sea block for about $50 and 2 hours of my time.
CountryME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 02:57 AM   #4
Admiral

well..the boat should have a horn..it's located on the bow on the stbd side.....if the boat is 2001 model yr..then it's probably all crapped up...replacing it might be more fun than a contortionist should be allowed to have....or...hire a teeny person to slip in and replace it....2 bolts or screws and 2 wires....

as for the radio..check the speaker connections....they may have corroded but chances are the amp went out...which means a new one would need to be installed...you did say that you were getting pwr to the radio..it turned on but nothing working....right??..
oh..and welcome to the zoo...

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote