Old 01-13-2010, 04:03 AM   #1
Commander

Default Get them before they are all gone.

I just received this e-mail from Maxum Marine:

Maxum Boat fans!

Maxum boat fans, there are awesome Maxum models available at your local dealer at some great savings, but they are going fast.

These luxurious sportboats and cruisers are backed by Brunswick Corporation, and supported and serviced by the same great dealers who handle Brunswick brands like Bayliner, Trophy, Sea Ray and Boston Whaler.

Talk to your local dealer to secure your best price. You may never have a chance to get this much boat so affordably again.

MMSI# 338052622
tglee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:32 AM   #2
Admiral

dang...and I spent all my money on the bayliner 340....

SParrr

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:21 AM   #3
Captain

(
Quote:
Originally Posted by seapuppy View Post
dang...and I spent all my money on the bayliner 340....

SParrr
yep....and it will never be an collectors item.....like maxum does......(oops sorry pup)
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 12:32 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

I alreardy got my "left over" deal in August right after the announcement they were being discontinued.
New Boat 8/13/11: Chaparral 206SSI with 5.0 VP GXI SX
Prior Boat: 2008 Maxum 1900SR3, 4.3L V6 190HP, Alpha 1 (great boat)
2010 Ford 150 XLT Super Crew 5.4L V-8, tow package
2008 Infiniti G-35
Brianm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:56 PM   #5

I've been considering biting teh bullet and trying to find a deal on a leftover. The problem is, there aren't many Maxum dealers, particularly in my area. How would you go about finding a list of leftover inventory? The thought of entering lists of Maxum dealers by state or zip code is daunting. There must be an easier way to locate dealers looking to move leftover inventory with buyers looking to spend cash......no?
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:04 PM   #6
Admiral

bout the only way is to contact the nearest dealer and ask them what the have available or what they can get...and if they can get one that meets your criteria......

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 01-13-2010, 04:24 PM   #7
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Anyone know what the model is in the foreground?

ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:24 PM   #8
Admiral

might be this one

http://www.maxumboats.com/sport_boat...2544&year=2009

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 01-13-2010, 05:58 PM   #9
Admiral

Looks to be SP. I rather like the bow rails on it. My 2400 SC3 has the two, short, rails that are closer to the center line of the boat, along each side of the window/vent. Darn things arn't good for much of anything and are poorly placed.

EDIT: Yup, it's the 2100 SC3. The bow rails are optional. Interesting that BR's are an option on the 2100 but are not even listed as an option for the 2400.

Dan
Old 01-13-2010, 07:21 PM   #10
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss3964spd View Post
Looks to be SP. I rather like the bow rails on it. My 2400 SC3 has the two, short, rails that are closer to the center line of the boat, along each side of the window/vent. Darn things arn't good for much of anything and are poorly placed.

EDIT: Yup, it's the 2100 SC3. The bow rails are optional. Interesting that BR's are an option on the 2100 but are not even listed as an option for the 2400.

Dan
i dont have them on my 2009 2400 sc3 and i'm very happy about that, and i don't see the use of it, you don't see it on an option list here in holland.....

greatz, ed
Old 01-13-2010, 07:42 PM   #11
Admiral

All depends on how you use the boat.

Becky and I tend to take friends and/or family out with us each time we go. While at no wake speed several people - mostly the women (which I encourage, of course) and kids, like to sit on the bow with legs adangle. Those short rails behind them arn't much good.

So, while I like the cleaner lines of the boat without the bow rails, I like the functionality of the bow rails.

Dan
Old 01-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #12

Quote:

Becky and I tend to take friends and/or family out with us each time we go. While at no wake speed several people - mostly the women (which I encourage, of course) and kids, like to sit on the bow with legs adangle. Those short rails behind them arn't much good.

So, while I like the cleaner lines of the boat without the bow rails, I like the functionality of the bow rails.

Dan
I have always wondered about the marketing photos in the brochures and particularly in the boating magazines that show one or two people sitting out on the front deck while the boat is not only underway, but on plane. Frequently they are lounging on the sunpads on the front deck. I've always wondered if this is even legal, particularly since bow riding (in a non-bowrider, sittingon teh transom or swim platform underway is actually illeagl in most states.

Is it because there are bow rails that it is ok? Does it require some sort of seating or a sunpad to be legal?

Admittedly, my wife gets up on the bow while leaving the slip as well as docking. She gets up there just before we enter the thoroughfare of the marina. She stays out there until we've made it out of the thoroughfare of the marina as well. This is mostly to fend off any boats or pilings in case of an unforeseen emergency. I prefer that she sits while the boat is underway and only at headway speeds. I will only allow this i the marina or when anchoring. However, I don't typically like to do it under any other circumstances. With my luck someone will slip and I'll run over them in the process. It seems crazy to me to do it just for fun. It must just be me.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:12 PM   #13
Admiral

Agreed. Marketing photos of people atop the bow deck at any speed above idle/no wake is just that - marketing. Meant to show the lure, the glamor, the freedom, the fun of boating. Much the same as nearly every marketing ad/photo/video features at least one woman in good shape and clad in a bikini. Even the males are in good shape. They are marketing the boating life style as well as the boat itself.

Agree, too, that it's illegal in most places to have persons on the bow while running above idle/no wake speeds, regardless of the existance of bow rails. Common sense should prevail but, well, if everyone exercised CS then such laws wouldn't be necessary.

Becky and I handle departures and arrivals the same way. When we're pulling out she's on the bow gathering lines and to fend off if necessary. On our way in to the ramp or slip at idle/NW she's up there, cleats and makes ready the bow line. If there's a wait for the ramp she sits. Nobody stands on the bow above idle/NW speed. Indeed, only time I allow anyone on the bow is at idle/NW speeds.

Common sense still needs to prevail. If the waters are sloppy, or there's a lot of boat traffic (which might mean sudden, unplanned moves, no one gets to sit up there. But on a calm day with little traffic, I'm not too concerned. I'm very much into situational awareness so if I see something developing I'll clear the bow. I'd still be happier if they had a rail in front of them to hang onto.

Fortunately, I think I've only seen one boat running above idle/NW speed that had people on the bow.

Dan
Old 01-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #14
Admiral

well..it's illegal to bow ride at any speed according to the USCG....every now and then we see the cops pull some idiot over...

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 01-14-2010, 04:29 PM   #15
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapuppy View Post
well..it's illegal to bow ride at any speed according to the USCG....
Does the USCG set the law for all states, or does each state set their own laws?
Old 01-14-2010, 04:31 PM   #16
Admiral

there are local laws also..but the CG states the major enforcements in boating and regulations..

SP
Par Excellence

Tap-Rack-Bang

Old 01-14-2010, 06:43 PM   #17
Admiral

Virginia's Law, under the heading of "Reckless & Negligent Operation": "Riding or sitting on the bow, gunwales, transom, or on the decking over the bow of the vessel while under power without adequate guards and railings".

Seems a little vauge. Who determines what is "adequate"? Machts nichts, since I already know mine are not adequate, but the wording of the law does leave it open for debate. I believe that if the USGS has a rule/reg regarding bow riding, and the State does as well, state law takes precedence.

My guess is if you have people on the bow and you're motoring along at speed, or if the conditions are sloppy, or if the view from the helm is severly obstructed, or you are operating the boat recklessly, you're likely to attract unwanted attention and a boarding. At the end of the day it's the USCG, or State LEO's, assessment of the conditions that will matter. If, on the other hand you are at N/W speed, conditions are calm, view is open, traffic is minimal I doubt they're gonna pay much attention.

Common sense.

Dan
Old 01-14-2010, 08:43 PM   #18

I am a big fan of 'Youd o what you like on your boat, and you do what I like on my boat'. Ultimately it's none of my business. I only posted that to play 'Devil's Advocate'. I believe Forums are beneficial to the entire community and I like to point out the other side of the story. Particularly for newbie's that lurk. That being said, this is really good stuff however I didn't really intend to hijack the thread. My apologies.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:16 AM   #19
Captain

Quote:

Dan
some where in the 90's i've seen the most horrible accident happen......while bouncing on the waves a men was sitting on the side board of a boat....the driver made a sharp curve.....the guy fell overboard and the propellor chopped his head of.......

so Dan think it over when you or your wife intend to take place with kids on the bow the comming season.........i think you do'nt have an slightest idea of what kind of a murder machine your boat can be.....untill you have seen it.........
Old 01-15-2010, 05:31 PM   #20
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrew View Post
I am a big fan of 'Youd o what you like on your boat, and you do what I like on my boat'. Ultimately it's none of my business. I only posted that to play 'Devil's Advocate'. I believe Forums are beneficial to the entire community and I like to point out the other side of the story. Particularly for newbie's that lurk. That being said, this is really good stuff however I didn't really intend to hijack the thread. My apologies.
Could not agree more Shrew. Topics like this can make for excellent conversation and education as long as participants remain civil. No apologies are necessary.

Dan