Old 12-07-2010, 12:24 AM   #1
Lt. JG

Default freedom to speak ones mind does not exsist here

It seems if someone does not like what they say they pull you post . not right , this boater does not agree...

keith2300SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:46 AM   #2
Admiral

I pulled your post cuz it was not a discussion...it was a blast from something that happened to you without any data....it wasn't meant to discuss the situation...it was purely inflamatory...I'd do it to anyone else who comes in screaming and firing both guns off...I generally don't pull posts that are angry or for disagreements....this has been a fairly nice site with everyone getting along....
if you want to discuss your problem....without the drama...I'm ok with it.......it's your opinion but we don't need the drama...

discuss the problem and hold your temper ...I have no issues with that....

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:36 AM   #3
Commander

right on No drama I check this site every day for information great site keep it that way.
cunuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:15 PM   #4
Captain

i was away for one day so i think i missed it, or the time differrance between us made me mised keith's topic......

but also as the most people here i'm also a member of more forums, and sometime things happens that the poster off the topic dont like, but for the best of the forum is it to move the topic.....

keith i realy know what i am talking about because it took me and my motor partner almost 2 years to reorganise the netherlands biggest suzuki intruder motorclub (more than a 1000 active members) because things went totally wrong on that forum. it almost reached the point that this club was dead, so sometimes things happens the way you don't want them, but that's live.

and moderators are there to keep forums clean of topics wich could couse problems..... if something happens to you again, it's maybe an better idea to get in contact with the moderator, and try to solve your problem or irritation together

i hope you understand what i mean, it's realy no attack to you but a tip how to handle with forums (i'll hope i wrote it all understandable for you)

greatz, ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:25 PM   #5

Darnit!!! I can't beleive I missed it!! Oh well, I got to other Forums to watch the chaos unfold.

Contrary to popular belief ones 'Freedom of Speach' protects ones civil liberties from legal retribution or restitution. In other words your government can't punish you for voicing or writing your thoughts or ideas. You freedeom of speach does not extend to online forums. Access to the internet is not truly free, someone pays for it. Teh sites are not truly free either, because again someone pays for the hardware, network connection, maintenance, Operating System and Software running on the hardware hosting the site. Information is not always free, as seen by the number of web comapanies that want you to pay for their information.

Forums are privately owned and maintained. Many rely on advertising, member donations or a combination of the two. You essentially signed a digital contract by accepting a membership to the site which indicated that certain rules were followed:

Forum Rules
Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Complete Registration' button below. If you would like to cancel the registration, click here to return to the forums index.
Although the administrators and moderators of Maxum Owners Club - Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and the owners of Maxum Owners Club - Forum will not be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of Maxum Owners Club - Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason."

If you TRULY want freedom of speach then you may want to consider starting a forum of your own.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #6

BTW- Keith. No Offense, but I would suggest that you PM one of the moderators offline. No forum member can take action against management or a moderator so making a public post regarding a private matter is really just airing dirty laundry.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #7
Admiral

just so everyone is on the same page...
I deleted the post for one reason and one reason only ....it was a very angry post and coming here blasting both guns isn't going to make this place a good source of imformation nor fix his problem with his boat.......I'm sorry if it offends but this site has been basically running itself and I'd like to keep it here....heck I haven't even corrected peoples spelling!!!

to give some of my thoughts about it all..
I am an engineering puke...been one for 30+ yrs.....I deal in engineering terms with about everything I do...except women....
there are 3 things I look at.....what is the problem....what caused the problem...how do we fix it.....

pretty simple really.....
I can understand frustration....I can understand anger.....but coming here to vent anger and frustration won't solve the problem......boats are complicated machines....fece's happens....tell us the problem.....understand what caused the problem....lets work to fix the problem.....

Drama I like to leave to places like Iboats or BOC.....this place has been a great source of information and comradery....lets keep it that way......

in the 10 yrs or so I've been coming here to help and then asked to mod the site....this is the first time I've EVER had to delete a post for anger management....I didn't do it for fun....I had to really search if this was a good post or not....

so...guys..enjoy the site....talk civilly about problems and continue to help each other...that's what boaters do.....help each other.....

sorry for such a long rant but I felt it was necessary to explain why I deleted his post......I hope no one is offended...and I sincerely hope the original poster see's my logic and continues to post......
now for some caffiene....

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote