Old 04-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Default Finding an anchor to mount on my roller?

I have a 2000 Maxum 1900 SC and I am wanting to mount an anchor to the anchor roller. I bought a Lewmar Claw Anchor and that didn't fit properly. Has anyone done this and can anyone recommend an anchor to mount onto the bow of the boat? For some reason I like the way the anchor looks when it is mounted on the bow. The roller is only a couple of inches away from where the pin that holds the anchor and place.

Hostage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:23 PM   #2

Is the roller on your bow similar to this?:

http://sportboats.apolloduck.us/imag...=55610&image=1

Was there an anchor mounting out there originally?

shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
Lt. JG

Wow...that's exactly what my boat looks like. The roller is the same one and it is original. I am just trying to find what anchor will fit it.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:48 PM   #4

are you sure that that roller will allow an anchor to be mounted on it? I can't see it clearly and only see it from one angle. I'm not clear how the shank would fit into the anchor locker, but without clear detailed pictures or seeing in person, it's very hard to tell. Are you sure that you don't store the anchor in the locker and user the roller for deployment and retrieval??
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
Lt. JG

there is a hole where an anchor can can stick out of the anchor locker and the anchor can rest on the roller. There is a quick release pin that is in front and above the roller. I am guessing that the anchor locks in place with the pin and it rests on the roller. You might be right, but if it was for deployment/retrieval then why have a quick release pin? I tried a lewmar anchor and it looks like it would fit, but it didn't.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:26 PM   #6
Lt. JG

I do have a photo of it, if you want to PM your email, I can send it to you. I don't see a place to upload an image on this site.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:47 AM   #7
Captain

hai hostage...

on my 2400 sc3 from 2009 is just a little hole in the front cut out to put the ropes trough...i also could not find the right anchor, because you can't stick the neck of the anchor trough that little hole......

in my locker are 2 little rubber blocks installed were you can stick your anchor in so that it wo'nt damaged the hull inside the locker......

greatz, ed
ed & inge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:32 PM   #8
Lt. JG

It looks like the new Bayliner 192 Discovery cuddy has the same type of roller system I guess you might not be able to mount an anchor on there, it would be cool if you could :-\