Old 07-30-2013, 03:11 AM   #1
Commander

Default Fair winds and following seas Seapuppy

Just a quick post to remember our good friend Harry "Steve" Stephens who passed last August 18, 2012.

He was born on April 28, 1952 at Ramey Air Force Base in Puerto Rico to Harry and Celia Stephens.
He is survived by his wife, Marsha Stephens of Everett, WA; and sister, Shirley Jennings of Dallas, Texas. Steve worked in the engineering department at Boeing since 1996, and was formerly employed by Newport News Shipbuilding and General Dynamics Electric Boat Company in Virginia, where he participated in the design of several boats including the Seawolf, a nuclear-powered fast attack submarine. He served in the Air Force from 1970 to 1976.
Steve will be remembered for his great sense of humor, quick wit, and love of life. He enjoyed boating in Puget Sound with Marsha, raising beautiful Sheltie dogs, talking about airplanes and sports cars, target shooting, and playing guitar. Steve will be deeply missed by his loving wife and many close friends.

Not only was he a wealth of knowledge on this site, he was an incredible person who I learned a lot from, both in life and boating, in the short time that we were friends.

I am a little late with this post, but I raised a glass to him tonight. I miss that guy!
Fair winds and following seas, my friend.

Rich

rgreenwell8962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:37 AM   #2
Admiral

Here here, to a toast!

While I did not have the pleasure of knowing Steve nor did I exchange posts with him, I could see all the great things that Rich mentions above in reading each of Steve's post to all of us in the Maxum family:-)

So fair wind and following seas Steve.

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #3
Admiral

This was too sudden of a departure for a guy like Steve!

I enjoy his writings here and over on the Bayliner website. If fact I was on the other maxum site and didn't know about this one until Steve pointed me in the right direction and finally landed here.

It is a shame that good men leave too early to let us halfassers run the show :-)

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

My glass is also raised to a man I never met, but whose help I did recieve a number of times. I also second the great sense of humour! He was and will continue to be in our memories and thoughts!

Mike
Old 08-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #5
Lieutenant

Steve was a great guy I had the pleasure to boat with a couple times. His quick bout with Cancer was awful for he and his bride. I have met the new owners of their old 340 Bayliner "Wild Whim" and it's being taken care of nicely under a new name. I wish His wife all the best in the new chapter in her life which is around a year now. RIP SeaPuppy.

www.vikingbay.co
Nehalennia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 09:52 PM   #6
Commander

Yes we miss seapuppy a lot. Not the same with him gone.Not a day of boating goes by I don't think of him RIP

cunuck is offline   Reply With Quote