Old 08-29-2006, 05:30 PM   #1
Lieutenant

Default Cover/Canvas

Where can I buy a regular snap boat cover/canvas that will fit into the snaps that are already there? I Cant stand puting on and taking off the bimini everytime I want to go out.

MaxumNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 08:32 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

hope this helps .http://stores.ebay.com/Surplus-Products ... ubZ2676695
.i need on my self but its your side of the pond.
give them call to see if they are any good.and you and tell us here :wink:

Old 08-29-2006, 08:34 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

http://stores.ebay.com/Surplus-Products ... ubZ2676695
Old 08-30-2006, 11:56 AM   #4
Lt. Commander

Default canvas

If you go to a dealer that sells Maxum's you can purchase the cockpit cover. I don't know if it comes with the snaps pre installed, but last time I checked it was about 700 bucks.

From the picture, it looks like you have a 2100SC. Check out the link I have on my web page for improvements....

http://sempreveloce.tripod.com/

I haven't been into the page to modify it in a while, but it will show you a mod that I made that makes the bimini much easier to live with. I replaced that stupid black strap with stainless steel rear support. It cost about 50 bucks to do and now the whole shooting match can stay up with the cover on it.

Tell us a little more about the boat you purchased.

KKKKFL
Franco_2100SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:51 PM   #5
Lieutenant

Thanks Franco

My new (first) boat is a 2002 Maxum 2300 SC with the 5.0 motor. Its got 95 hours on the motor (thats what the hour meter reads) with about a year left on the mercruis waranty. I paid $19,900 for it. The boat is super clean and the SAMS surveyor couldnt find anything wrong which he says is unusual with used boats (aside from the speedo not working) does now after the cleaning, but I guess with 95 hours on it, its pretty new.

I dock it in Brooklyn, NY not far from sheepshead bay.

It only came with the bimini which I find to be a real pain to put on after every outing. It came with a garmin GPS. Crappy one, but gets the job done. Its got the seat that folds down into a lounger and a nice platform on the back. Im still trying to figure out all the things I need for it. I picked up bumbers for my slip since im new to this and I dont want to hit the dock too hard, got a first aid kit, flairs, it had fire extinguishers already on, got some cleaning stuff..

Anything you guys recomend for me to have. This is my first boat and i'm learning as I go.

Also I would like to get a spare cabin key, but its made in sweden so no one here can copy it. Should I just change the lock?
MaxumNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:53 AM   #6
Lt. Commander

Default what to buy

Stabrite makes a cleaner, actually several, but the stuff to get is in the BLUE bottle. Remember its a light blue/greyish cleaner. This stuff is the best I have come across, not only for removing brown scum marks, but all types of scuffs and light scratches. I keep several bottles of the stuff on hand, one in the boat one in the car afraid they will take it off the market and I won't be able to find anything as good. Just wipe on and wipe off. I recommend that you also get some Maguires yellow cake carnuba wax. I apply this often and it really keeps the boat shiny and clean and makes wipe down a snap. If you do a large area with the Stabrite its best to put the wax on/wax off treatment in the same area.

Since I keep mine on a trailer its part of the recovery process. Younger son is usually in the cockpit collecting all remnants of the day, coke/beer bottles, glamor magazines left behind and tossing them overboard near the garbage can, turning off all switches, and Dad is walking round the hull wiping down first pass with chamois, second pass with the Stabrite removing any marks. Together we can have the boat back in the storage lot in about 25 minutes all cleaned and ready for the next use.

KKKKFL

Franco_2100SC is offline   Reply With Quote