Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-08-2019, 04:08 AM   #21
Ensign

Yes......it freezes here. Sprinkler system gets blown out. Fountains get drained. Of course boats / RV’s get winterized etc.

Bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 01:34 PM   #22
Ensign

I recommend icover trailerable boat cover. It got me through my first year and so far so good. Standing water does leak through. Showing some fading from the sun. I bought it large to help cover further down the sides and cover the motor. Was a good idea, but it still doesn't protect the sides from the sun as much as I had hoped. east to get on and off. I am happy so far and would purchase again.

lauraa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 10:30 AM   #23
Ensign

Greetings from Ukraine!
I am glad to become a part of this forum.
I came across it while finding a mooring cover solution for my Maxum 1800 SR3.
Sorry if this may sound clueless, but:
In Ukraine, we have the boat covers categorized in "transport/storage", and "mooring" covers separated.
Looking through www.boatcoversdirect.com, https://www.wholesalemarine.com/, and eBay, I've seen the covers lots of images when the boat cover fastened underneath its bottom. No pictures while standing on the mooring. So I started doubting regarding the correctness of the type of cover I found.
Also, my boat looks like the photo below, as you can see that it has a protruding strut. I would like to purchase a one-piece boat cover when mooring. Could you please advise me of an appropriate type/model of the boat cover?
I apologize for the possibly stupid questions.
Great day and a pleasant evening to everyone!
CTenaH_Pa3uH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 03:31 PM   #24
Lt. Commander

You are looking for a mooring cover that snaps under the rub rail. With your wakeboard tower I don't think you'll find a store bought solution. For my 20 foot runabout I went to the local canvas shop and had a cover made. Cost was high ... about $1100 ... but fits perfectly and is made of sunbrella material so it should last for years.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1940.jpeg  
Old 08-06-2021, 07:19 AM   #25
Ensign

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004_3300_SCR View Post
You are looking for a mooring cover that snaps under the rub rail. With your wakeboard tower I don't think you'll find a store bought solution. For my 20 foot runabout I went to the local canvas shop and had a cover made. Cost was high ... about $1100 ... but fits perfectly and is made of sunbrella material so it should last for years.
Thank you for the advice.
I will consider such an option, in any case custom-made always suits better
Looking through the web, I found a picture (attached below). It seems like the one I need, snaped under the rub rail. But in the internet stores, I always see it snaped under the board.
Old 08-06-2021, 07:24 AM   #26
Ensign

Quote:
Thank you for the advice.
I will consider such an option, in any case, custom-made always suits better
Looking through the web, I found a picture (attached below). It seems like the one I need, snaped under the rub rail. But in the internet stores, I always see it snaped under the board.
[IMG] загрузить фото[/IMG]
Old 08-06-2021, 01:39 PM   #27
Lt. Commander

I had a cover like this when I bought the runabout. It went under the rub rail and had a cable stitched inside of the edge going around the whole thing that cinched (tightened) in the back, plus provisions for those ties that go under the boat. As you pointed out, the ties can't be used in the water, so you're only left with the cable to secure it under the rub rail. It worked very poorly using that alone; that cover was only useful on the trailer. An option might be to measure out and mount your own snaps to the boat under the rub rail if none are there currently, then use snap pliers to add snaps to the cover in the appropriate places.
Old 08-06-2021, 01:51 PM   #28
Ensign

Quote:
I had a cover like this when I bought the runabout. It went under the rub rail and had a cable stitched inside of the edge going around the whole thing that cinched (tightened) in the back, plus provisions for those ties that go under the boat. As you pointed out, the ties can't be used in the water, so you're only left with the cable to secure it under the rub rail. It worked very poorly using that alone; that cover was only useful on the trailer. An option might be to measure out and mount your own snaps to the boat under the rub rail if none are there currently, then use snap pliers to add snaps to the cover in the appropriate places.
Thank you very much!
Seems I have to choose the custom-made option.
Though it may cost more expensive, it is better to pay once for something made exactly for you than buying a pig in a poke for a year.