Old 08-18-2014, 03:17 PM   #1
Lt. JG

Angry Birds!!!

Does anyone have an effective method of keeping birds off of your boat? My railing seems to be the neighborhood hangout for the local bird population and the residual effects are not pleasant!!

MonkeyBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 04:24 PM   #2
Admiral

Well I could say a shotgun but that usually causes more harm than good. A friend used fishing line wrapped back and forth on his bow rails. Alot of work. Could try those plastic owls and put one or two of them.

There has to be some natural spray maybe. I have had this happen to my boat this spring with geese. The marina is full of these flying rats. I would use my water hose on them to keep them away.

Sometimes you will get the flocks flying over that drop their bombs on your boat and can't do anything with that.

Soft and scrub with bleach does a good job cleaning that off. Use a course brush. I just bought some Amazing Roll Off to see how that works.

Good luck

biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 06:01 PM   #3
Lieutenant

We've been struggling with this problem for awhile and finally hit on a solution that works. Go to Amazon and search for 'bird scare tape'. It comes in 100' rolls and is a plastic holographic ribbon you can cut in streamer and/or tie on the railing. We use this with a solar-powered fake owl, and the birds in our marina have finally stopping using our boat as a latrine.
ertyqway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 07:34 PM   #4
Admiral

Hang a dead bird like a scarecrow on your dock to scare them off ?..................no I take that back don't do that!! ...... Glad the tape works!!
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote