Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-12-2007, 01:51 AM   #1
Admiral

Default anyone going out this weekend??

I was wondering since this site has slowed way down....if that;s possible..
is anyone going out this weekend??...we're gonna hit the boat this weekend and just do a local trip to the everett marina...it's close and atleast we'll be on the boat......if anyone is around...stop by and say hi!!...

the past month or so has been lousy for weather....just about every weekend would be lousy...so...the weather pukes have said it's supposed to be decent...well..that's all we needed to hear!!...have a great weekend ...

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 07:51 PM   #2
Lt. Commander

the weather has been pretty good over here so we are out for the day saturday with my neices and then back out on sunday hopefully we will just be going up the river to york and pottering, boat is coming out of the water at the end of november maybe till march depending on the weather

Old 10-14-2007, 03:39 AM   #3
Lt. JG

The site really has slowed, its that time of year. For me everything is winterized and put a way in the barn. This was the first summer with my 1800 sr3 and we had a great time. The boat is awesome and the only thing that is bothering me is the dieseling. It only did it a little, but, I guess the engine I have is noted for it....... will need to see if it gets worse next summer and addess it then.
swilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 03:14 AM   #4
Admiral

well..the weather guessers finally got it right...it took them most of the summer of them missing the ball..but this weekend was awesome...the mornings were cool...fog had settled in until about noonish..the water was absolutely flat up here in the puget sound and the afternoons were perfect.....we had a relaxing time for sure and i even got to have a canadian whiskey and coke in the afternoon!!...unfortunatley I am paying for it today....came home to get a mess of things done that I had been putting off due to crappy weather....
we'll keep on boating thruout the fall and hopefully do some winter boating too!!.....
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:43 PM   #5
Lieutenant

we went down to pull out on sat and found the boat was damaged. apparently on the 10th, last wend, there was a really bad wind storm. 50mph gusts and 16+ft waves around 8pm or so. my dock neighbors port stern corner looks like someone smashed it with a hammer, his rub rail was partially ripped out, and his shore power cord cut in half. a brand new 40ft Formula got stuck under the pier and chunked/gouged his beautiful metallic blue hull. my Maxum's letters were all smashed, fresh water vent tube broken, port stern corner beat up pretty bad, and my canvas ripped. other boats had pretty bad damage as well. the dock staff did what they could but many boats had to have their lines cut and re-tied cause they were hanging above the water cause it went down so much so fast.

what can ya do? that's why you pay insurance. so despite the lake still being 3ft lower than average this saturday we pulled out, winterized, and power washed the underside and drive. shrink wrapping this sunday. end of another season!
NWINMaxum is offline   Reply With Quote