Old 07-15-2014, 12:39 PM   #1
Ensign

Default 2007 2600SE Parts Supply

i am making the final decision between a 2008 2500SE and a 2007 2600SE, can someone help me understand why they made 2 models this close in size? both have the 350 Magnum Bravo 3 and appear very similiar in layout.

Also, Is there a aftermarket site that buys direct from the vendors that Maxum used? I am concerned over the availability of parts.

Thanks any help would be appreciated. E

Aquasole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:35 PM   #2
Admiral

Aquasole welcome aboard.

builders change models from time to time with tweaks here and there from customer feedback and ease of manufacturing.

There is no one site to get parks but the same is true for any boat even if they are still in production. Engine/drive is Mercruiser, other vendors are Perko, Todd, Bomar, ...

Mike
mmwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:57 PM   #3
Admiral

Aquasole................I can't tell you how many websites I have saved that are the manufacturer for parts from different boat builders and especially Maxum since I have a 01 3000scr.

Even if Maxum was still in business why be the middle man and pay extra for that when buying your parts.

Again can't tell you how many nights on the computer trying to find a part for the boat and this even goes for the Mercury parts.

The ole saying "why buy retail when you can get it for wholesale" can save you a bunch of coin!

We try to steer you in the right direction here on this great website and the guys do a great job, but sometimes it is just you and google becoming one...mmmmmmmmmmmmm

So good luck on your purchase, IMHO go for the newer boat and please let us know how all this turned out! Pictures please...

Roger
biggerseagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:16 PM   #4
Lt. Commander

I'll echo Roger's comment and say that I've owned a 2006 2600SE for over four years, and have found this site to be an incredible resource for most of my questions on my Maxum. In addition, I haven't had any trouble finding sources for parts for the engine, or any of the various parts on the boat.

Tom