Old 08-12-2013, 05:39 AM   #1
Ensign

Default 2007 2100 SC3 V berth length

Hi everyone,

I am considering buying a 2007 2100 SC3
My wife and I do a bit of lake fishing and we like to overnight for a few nights, so I am keen to get a boat that has a bit of room in the bunks.
Can someone tell me how much laying room there is in the 2100 SC cabin?

We are located in Canberra, which is inland and the boat I am interested in is a 4 and a half hour drive away with none locally for me to look at.

Muscats (downunder)

Muscats (Downunder) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 01:43 PM   #2
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

Welcome to the site.

Wife and I have a 2004 MY 2400 SC3. Ours does not have the opional small galley to port, making that bunk full length to the bulkhead, but it does have the option head to starboard which makes that one shorter. Neither she or I are big or tall so she can stretch out to starboard, and I to port - but there isn't a lot of room left.

I suspect that the V birth in the 2100 is a bit shorter than our 2400 but I don't honestly know what the measurements are. How tall are you and she?

Dan

ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:59 AM   #3
Ensign

Thanks for the info Dan, we are both around 5 foot 6, around 168cm, so we are not tall. The 2007 2100 SC3 has the head in the centre, between the bunks, so it doesn't affect the length and the galley is in the cockpit rather than the cabin. So I think both bunks are full length to the bulkheads, I have not been able to find an image showing the bulkhead end of the bunks. I might ask the seller to send me some more photos.
Muscats (Downunder) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:48 PM   #4
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to ss3964spd

My pleasure Sir.

At 5'6-ish my guess would be that you can probably get away with it but it's still going to be cozy. Good thing you two are friendly, 'eh?

The beam on our 2400 SC3 is 8'6" but I'm not sure what the beam on the 2100 is. If it's less then it'll be tighter still. Since the head on the 2100 is between the bunks I'd seriously consider investing in one of the many bucket heads, which would allow you to move it out of the cabin and place it on deck or the swim platform, thus making a 2:36 AM comfort break a bit more enjoyable for both of you.

Good luck. Let us know what you end up with.

Dan
ss3964spd is offline   Reply With Quote