Old 12-07-2007, 12:14 AM   #1
Ensign

Default 2006 3300 SE JUST PURCHASED NEW IN SEPTEMBER 2007

I HAVE HAD BAYLINERS IN THE PAST. I DECIDED TO MOVE UP TO A MORE UP SCALE BOAT. WHAT A BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE BOAT HAS A LOT OF CRACKS IN THE FIBERGLASS,WATER LEAKS AND BAD FIBER GLASS PATCH WORK. I AM WONDERING IF THE BOAT FELL OFF THE TRUCK SOMEWHERE. THE LIST OF PROBLEMS IS 2 PAGES LONG. I SENT A LETTER TO MAXUM, BUT AS YOU GUESSED NO RESPONCE. THE DEALER IS WORKING VERY HARD TO MAKE THE REPAIRS NEC TO A NEW BOAT. THE DEALER IS STORING THE BOAT FOR THE WINTER AND WINTERIZED THE MOTORS AT NO CHARGE. I ASKED MAXUM WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO TO HELP ME? NO ANSWER.

staceyvii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 12:24 AM   #2
Admiral

Wow...well...atleast welcome to the zoo..sorry for your adventure into the maxum line!!...I have the 2700 scr...been a great boat so far...it's been all the way up to the san juan and canadian islands and so far ..no major problems....sounds to me like something serious happened too it before you got it....
keep us informed and welcome to the zoo!

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 08:04 PM   #3
Lt. Commander

Sorry to hear of your troubles, in this situation surely the dealer should be dealing with maxum and not you as you bought the boat from him and that is who your contract is with or is it differant in the states?never having bought a new boat i dont know how these things work,i hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction before spring.

ashley
Old 12-08-2007, 03:21 AM   #4
Commander

How many hours before you noticed the gelcoat cracks? My little Maxum had gelcoat cracks appear the first season on the water. I was told it was 'normal'.
Maxum is going to want you to work through your dealer; not direct.

Oh, and your cap locks are on. :wink:
racer2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 01:18 PM   #5
Ensign

Default 2006 3300 SE JUST PURCHASED

THE DEALER HAS A LIST OF MY CONCERNS. THE BOAT WAS ONLY IN THE WATER 1 1/2 MONTHS. THE LETTER WENT TO MAXUM WITH MY SURVEY AND I HAVE NOT RECEIVED A RESPONSE. MY LAST BOAT WAS A BAYLINER 305. I HAD THIS BOAT 2 1/2 YEARS AND THERE WERE NO CRACKS IN THE FIBERGLASS ANYWHERE,I NEVER HAD TO DEAL WITH CRACKS IN THE FIBERGLASS WITH ANY OF THE BAYLINERS I HAD. I HAVE FAITH IN MY DEALER TO REPAIR THIS BOAT BUT WHO WANTS A NEW PATCHED UP BOAT. SEEMS THE MORE YOU SPEND FOR A BOAT THE WORSE THE QUALITY. IF MAXUM HAD A CONCERN FOR CUSTOMER CARE I SHOULD HAVE HEARD SOMETHING BY NOW. GUESS I SHOULD HAVE PURCHASED A 35 BAYLINER. CONSUMER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
staceyvii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 02:10 PM   #6
Admiral

Stacy..please take your caps off...in the cybor world it's the equivalent of screaming....and I hate getting screamed at.......thanks
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:07 PM   #7
Lt. JG

Wow what mess. I know how frustrated I was when my boat was delivered dirty and wouldn't start the first time I used it. However, I got over it and am fine now, and that was such a minor deal compared to yours. I totally understand your frustration. However the cracks can be repaired to a level that the boat looks perfect. keep in contact with the dealer on a regular basis to keep track of the repairs. Take a deep breath, in the end it is only a boat. I love my maxum and you will too in the end.

swilson is offline   Reply With Quote