Go Back   Maxum Boat Owners Club - Forum > Maxum General > Maxum Owners General Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-28-2010, 01:26 AM   #1
Ensign

Default 2002 2400 SCR Water problems

I just bought a 2002 Maxum SCR and I ant get water to flow from the bathroom sink, cabin sink, or back shower. Water tank is filled and turned on the water heater. Worked yesterday and now it does not. Thoughts?

Buckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:34 AM   #2
Admiral

welcome to the zoo....

where are you boating at??..maybe someone can stop by and help out....but not giving me any good info here..does the pump spin??...is the dc breaker on the helm station popped out???...got the main batt. breaker switch on???....that's about the only thing that can stop it from running..

SP

Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:39 AM   #3
Ensign

Thanks. Turned on the water heater and the red water switches. This morning some water came out but that might have been just the water left behind from yesterday. Had shore power and everything else seems fine....
Old 06-28-2010, 01:58 AM   #4
Admiral

pull the handles apart...probably junk blocking the the faucets....take em apart and check for crap in the lines....

SP
Par Excellence
------------------------------
2008 Bayliner 340 - "Wild Whim"
--------------------------------------
I live in my own little world....but it's okay-they know me here!!!

Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
Tap-Rack-Bang

Anyone that sez "Size doesn't matter" has never owned a boat!
seapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:00 AM   #5
Lieutenant

Hi: the hot water system is mains power, but the pump is 12 v d/c it has a fine s/s filter atached to it check thatalos, it may be blocked, some of the pumps also have a presure switch fitted to them check that as well Tony
TonyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:15 PM   #6

The water heater breaker should be for the heating element on the water heater which is DC and runs off of shore power. Both the hot and cold water runs off the 12 VDC pressure water pump. I have a red water pump switch in the galley for the water pump and that handles all the faucets. I also have a red switch in the head for the shower sump. I doubt you have 2 pressure water pumps so you shouldn't have 2 switches. i suspect one is the water pump and one is the drain pump. That too should be coming on when you hit it.

You might want to make sure you're getting power to the pump when it's turned on.
shrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:38 PM   #7
Commander

I have the same 2002 scr Sometimes I have to get a air lock out, so if the pump runs and still no water open the water out line from the pump .Then turn the pump on till you get water then reconnect the line.good luck
cunuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:17 PM   #8
Ensign

Thanks everyone. I will try these and see what happens. I know the red switches are only for hot water. Maybe it is air or junk in the lines.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:14 PM   #9

Maybe some clarification might help a bit. When you say 'Red SwitchES' (I'm reading this as two different switches). Where are these red switches? Are they lit? Again, I would expect that you'd have breaker on the panel for the hotwater heater. The element runs off of AC (shore power). So unless you have 2 hot water heaters, I would only expect one switch. The pressure water pump itself is AC. When the pump is on, it pumps water to the cold water side for all faucets and also into the hotwater heater. When you open the hot side of the faucet, it draws the hot water from the water heater and dumps cold water into the water heater. So I would expect that you'd only have one fresh water tank and one pressure water pump for everything.

I have 1 red lighted swtich which turns the pump on and off. If the switch is off no water comes out. When the switch is on, water comes out from all faucets on the boat.

In your case you state that you have 2 switches and they're both for only for hot water. That would seem odd. Do you recall where and what type of switch you have? Is there more than one hot water breaker on the panel? Is there more than one water switch in the galley area? Are you talking about both switches?
Old 06-29-2010, 11:15 PM   #10
Lt. Commander

I just changed my fresh water pump on my 2400SCR last year. It's a Jabsco and is mounted fore in the engine bay. Make sure at least 1 battery is turned on, turn on the water switch left of the galley sink, turn on water in either sink and go listen in the engine bay to hear if the water pump is getting power. It will be noisy enough to know. If it's getting power, then the next problem I would check is for air leak in one of the lines. You'll have to view the lines to see where water is flowing to and from to look for any clues in one of the fittings that might need tightening or changing.
Old 07-05-2010, 07:14 PM   #11
Ensign

The two red "switches" are in the head and one by the sink in the galley. I believe when we ran out of water the pump shut off and now I need to turn it back on and dont know how. I have turned on the water heater at the breaker panel in the gally but still nothing. I think has effected the AC as well becasue now it will not blow out cold air.... Basically I need to figure out how to turn the pump back on. There is no switch on the pump or anywhere else I have looked...
Old 07-13-2010, 12:30 PM   #12

The Red switch in the galley should be for the water pump. The red switch in the head should be for the shower sump pump (drain). The water heater breaker in the panel should only be for the heating element in the heater. The sump pump in the head and the water heater breaker will not prevent water from pumping out of either the hot or cold taps at the faucets. If I recall, even if the water tank runs dry the pump will still pump. Is there a chance you burnt the pump out?

The pump most likely doesn't have a switch on it directly. It will run off of 12 volt. As long as the water tank is full and the battery has a charge and the battery switch is on the pump should work fine. Unless of course the pump itself is simply dead.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:13 PM   #13
Lieutenant

if you look under the pump there is a little black cover with 2 red wire going into it ,remove the cover 1x screw unplug the red wire that goes to the motor and put a + jump wire to it from the battery (this will by pass all your switches and you want need to cut any wires) if your motor still dont go check the - cabel (black) if still no go them more than likley the punp motor is shot (mine frozz up in the lower chamber i managed to free it up, but it is a littel noisy now)

TonyA is offline   Reply With Quote